View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 05:18 PM
OH and I have chosen our next breed (Obviously it's a few years away yet!).
We would like a puppy, but I suppose it depends on if there are any young dogs in rescue at the time we are ready for one
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by beau View Post
For people with children would you recommend a rescue, we would like to go down that route but wonder if it would be better to get a pup.
I have a toddler and we rescued two adult bitches and also a pup. We foster for several rescues and there are always pups available, but by no means would an older dog be unsuitable.
Take a look at many tears rescue
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Having survived the toddler stage (three times, which proved I don`t learn quickly), I can`t imagine why anyone would want a puppy as well. An older dog would be preferable, would it not? The thought of two distinct species being loud, messy, incontinent and having tantrums at the same time seems pretty daunting to me, anyway.
I have deep respect for those who could manage it, but doubt their sanity.
Emmalouise1508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I've had 2 rescue dogs but they just didn't work out. They had issues that I just couldn't deal with and were quite dangerous, and we did give them enough time to settle down.

So after that, we still wanted a dog but couldn't go through chancing another rescue. Sending back the 2nd one absolutely broke my heart, I couldn't stop crying for a week. So we decided the best option would be to start from scratch, so we got a puppy.

I would love a rescue dog in the future though and will also look into fostering dogs once I have my own place.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Having survived the toddler stage (three times, which proved I don`t learn quickly), I can`t imagine why anyone would want a puppy as well. An older dog would be preferable, would it not? The thought of two distinct species being loud, messy, incontinent and having tantrums at the same time seems pretty daunting to me, anyway.
I have deep respect for those who could manage it, but doubt their sanity.
Quite agree
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12