Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Scared, Zuki going to be spayed next tuesday

I know its a normal op and lots of bitches have it done but I am so worried, I came to the conclusion that I have put it off long enough and made excuses for not having it done sooner, so booked her in for next tuesday I am really upsetting myself about it and I feel really stupid I put it off because there is always that chance that it could go wrong I am so scared God I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to her Sorry just really worried
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm sure she will be fine. I was really worried before Star got done but after speaking to the vet and going through the proceedure and all the monitoring they do thoughout the op made me feel a little bit better
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Thank you Carole, I suspect everyone goes through some worrying stage when their dog is going to have an op, I just hope I am doing the right thing by her
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 02:23 PM
i am sure she will be fine. i was like this when blackie was castrated. where are you having her done?

sue
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I had Minnie spayed 2 years ago and believe me I was SICK with worry-yep throwing up.I made the vet promise to call me at home ( where i laid on my settee and cried for 3 hours)as SOON as she woke up from the anesthetic. Well everything went fine and within 10 days she was bouncing off the walls as normal You WILL worry- but the risks are very very small- it really is the best thing if u dont intend to breed- no more seasons , much reduced risk of cancers.

HUGS from us,
Cath and Minnie
xx
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

25-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Of course you will be worried, you wouldn't love your dog if you weren't worried. But I had a bitch with a 'closed pyometra', luckily I'd been around enough to realise just before it was too late, and the Vet said we caught it just in time - I wouldn't wish that experience on any bitch or owner. Will be thinking of you and wishing you well. Kath
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Of course you will worry.....She's your baby.

{{{hugs}}} to you & Zuki x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 03:14 PM
It is a very standard op and so I am sure there won't be any problems at all but it won't stop you worrying. I cried buckets when I left both my bitches at the vets for spaying and worried myself sick until I heard from the vet that they had come round and were fine
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I have it all to come in a couple of weeks. I'm sure that everything will go swimmingly.
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Big hugs to you Zuba, im sure you will both be fine. ((((XX))))
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >