Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:25 PM

Funny dog walk...

Not long back from my walk with Zuki and had to tell you all about it, it was a normal walk until we bumped into a lady with her new pup (bluemerle (sp?)) very friendly and playful dog. I was chatting away and Zuki out of the blue spotted something I had not and being on the extendable chased after it until she the lead at full extension and me on the floor face down in mud Luckily I still had a good grip on the lead but it didn't stop her trying to drag me along the floor, I was not hurt other than a huge bruise on my knee and elbow (just appearing) and a graze on my shoulder (how that happened???) The woman I was talking to was rolling over with laughter and I must admit so was I, I was extremely embarrassed this has never happened before and it will serve me right for not paying attention to madam

Just thought you may like the laugh that we had
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:58 PM
aww bless you still at least you all had a good laugh i know i shouldnt but i can imagine you being pulled down and in the mud hope your alright and didnt hurt yourself to much,did you find out what zuki was after
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh dear.....I'm not laughing - honest
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Not got a clue what she saw, the lady I was talking too didn't see anything either? Maybe Zuki has an imaginary friend? Although dogs can spot an ant from six miles I am sure
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:29 PM
mine see things that i dont see and pull like a steam train to catch it and when i look to see what it was theres nothing there and there of again chasing something else i cant see
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
mine see things that i dont see and pull like a steam train to catch it and when i look to see what it was theres nothing there and there of again chasing something else i cant see
Dogs should really be taking us to lead training classes not the other way around
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:36 PM
i totally agree my two are nightmares if they spot anything they go like the clappers and there little me hanging on the end of the leads trying to keep up with them
Crazycollie
New Member!
Female 

14-12-2006, 05:35 PM
hi there, iv been their and Done that when Mine pulls as long as Its Safe I just drop the Lead and she Comes Back to my side and Walks Nice To Heal, this only ever happens Once on the WALK, ITS LIKE she is testing me...lol
liz
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 05:53 PM
had lots of similar times to this

I was talking in a similar situation and Keena pulled real hard and there was a snap and a huge amount of pain in my finger I made light of it cuz I didn't want to make a fuss and left the lady thinking it was the stitching on the lead...but it wasn't it was the sound of my finger breaking, man! that was painful and I never even flinched infront of the woman. But when I was on my own I was 'Owwwwww'

I've also been pulled over infront of people, very embarassing, hasn't happened in a long while since I've gotten wise to everything, thankfully it wont happen again!

I hope your bruise and graze are better
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh dear Glad you weren't hurt!! I remember a time a few years ago with my first German shepherd, Sharna, we were on a nice walk in a lovely field with lush grass. Sharna was on her flexi-lead and the next thing a hare jumped up and flew off across the field - you guessed it, Sharna took off after it and I could just watch in horror and wait for the inevitable to happen when the flexi reached it's full length
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >