register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you think of a license to make dog owners responsible for their dogs actions?
Yes we should! 35 74.47%
No we should not? 8 17.02%
Undecided! 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Paul G.
This Government can't deal with NHS spending, education, immigration, crime, ID cards, the Home Office, transport, terrorism, the Child Support Agency or Mr. Prescott. I don't hold out much hope for dogs.
Very well said
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2006, 06:12 PM
OK, I've voted "yes", but that is largely because I think that a vast number of people ought to be licensed to do anything! Particular activities which should need a licence include:

Pushing a supermarket trolley.
Using a cash machine.
Getting on board a "have your fare ready" bus.
Breathing.
Having children.

I could go on, but I won't. It's just an unfortunate fact of life that there are quite a lot of people around who are, quite simply, too stupid to do these things without serious help and rigorous training! They certainly should not have unfettered access to dogs, which may well be smarter than the prospective owners!

Snorri
(Certified misanthrope)
mandyc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Yes i do think all dog owners should have to buy a license for there dogs , but it will be so hard to inforce and regulate that it will only good and resonsible dog owners who would do it , and there the one's who will end getting punished for the bad dog owners behaviour. I wish that there was a answer to the problem so it would put a stop to the crullty and suffering that alot of dogs go through just so some people can make easy money off them.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 04:09 PM
i voted undecided as i think people would always find a way around ,it and once again it would be left to "caring owners "to pick up the shortfall of revenue,but i do agree something needs to be done ,but it needs to be something different thats fool proof ,with no loop holes,unfortunatly im not clever enough to think what .
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh Please ! More Government interference, more unenforceable rules, more bureaucracy, more paperwork, more civil servants !
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Wake up ! Do you really want to re-introduce a Tax on dog ownership ? Yes ? How much ? £25, £50, £100, more ?
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-07-2006, 07:49 PM
And my final point ....
Experience with similar forms of taxation clearly indicates that, immediately following the re-introduction of the Dog License, large numbers of dogs would be abandoned or put down by people who would not or could not pay.
Still think its a good idea ?
canarydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-10-2006, 02:56 AM
I totally agree with your opinion and believe this myself, just like car licences half the people on the road haven't got 1 and they drive off if they have a minor accident, and just like every mug in the country- the victim pays- through their insurance
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Although I've voted yes, I don't think it's going to be something that will be dealt with properly. I remember when we had dog licences before. Didn't work then

I do agree however that SOMETHING should be done. The question is what.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 09:09 AM
I think we should, responsible people have nothing to hide. But as has been said, there is always a way around it, and I don't think it's a priority in the eyes of the government unfortunately.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >