Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 07:13 AM

Love Affair

My BC, Mo, is the highest ranking dog in our little pack.
When we've had the pups in the past he has remained aloof and kept them in their place.
The pups have made do with terrorising the Biff.

Not this one. Saturn(now 20 weeks), a FCR, is in lurrrvvvee and it would appear to be mutual.:smt007 :smt007

Saturn and Mo are often found lying around mouthing each other and licking each others faces. :smt008

They have also taken to playing up and down the hall
Morris has a whole new lease of life.
Not sure if it's because this pup is 'licky' like Mo's always been, if it's because Mo was recently castrated because of his prostate problems or if it's because they genuinely just like each other. What do you all think???
Have to admit it's lovely to see!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I guess they just have an affinity for each other, but I wouldn't worry about the whys and wherefores - just enjoy - and long may it continue
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 07:30 AM
It is really lovely SB...better than the tv!!!They are both incredibly gentle, loving dogs, very similar in temperament so they probably are kindred spirits...awwwww....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Aww that's lovely Ailsa, I bet it is something to do with him being castrated though becaue Benji was the same after being castrated all the male dogs are in love with him and he thinks its great, he flirts around with them
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 08:42 AM
agree with above who cares why isn't it lovely to see ...Pippa is top dog in the pack here she stays away from fast moving little ones almost like she is to important for them ..on the other hand our Bonnie will love all the babies no matter whose they are

sounds lovely to see
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Aww thats great is so nice to see them bonding together, Loki used to have a similar relationship with my mums older dog digby when we stayed with them was lovely to see hjim playing like a pup but unfortunatly Loki was too much for him on our last visit and he ended up losing his patients and snapping at him!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks all.
Think it must also be to do with the castration...but at the moment he still seems to be top dog, so I think it may be personality too. If Mo has a nice treat and the pup approaches and lies by him, mo stays put..he'd have warned the others off and wandered away. Interestingly, the pup curls up with the BIff to sleep still, not Mo....
It is fantastic to watch, Mo is my dog...my best mate and it's lovely to see him having such a lovely time!!!!! Not sure how long it will last, this pup is down as breeding stock so may not be castrated...in which case he could start to get a bit big for his boots in a few months......