Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Sedated to microchip?!
Im sorry, I find that really odd!
Teagan didn't make a peep! It's just like a normal injection!

Can't be any worse than having the kennel cough medicine squirted up your nose! lol
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:18 AM
I agree. To have them chipped is nothing and can be done whenever you want it.
We would do it to puppies at the shelter at 8 weeks before rehoming them. No big deal.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I had Roy chipped for his PP with his second jab & then mean old me tattooed him the next day ! He's off for his rabies jab this afternoon as I want to get the PP all sorted so he can accompany me when I visit my friends in Germany. It does take 7 months from the jab so if you are wanting to go abroad early next year you need to be getting it rabies done soon. My lovely scrummy Spanish vet told me it was best to wait for four weeks after the other jabs before doing the rabies. They now always have rabies vaccine in so your post reminded me to get it done this week

LOL it will nice to tell the vet he now has all his bits too & flash the tattoo at them
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:04 PM
For sure AM

Excellent! Although it now looks like April/May due to the rabies info from Joedee - good to know...

We really need to get back to DK soon so we might have to make a trip without the monster

Originally Posted by amts
Uh shopping time Order away. I bet atleast your oh misses quite a few things

And why do you say its seriosly gonna be fun to see your inlaws? You thought I had bad jokes about inlaws??

Get Fern his chip and Ally and I will be your welcome comity in March
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks Joedee, wasn't aware of this info, really glad you told me, I will book him in for four weeks time then - excellent

Some of you ladies have all the luck with your lovely looking vets

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
I had Roy chipped for his PP with his second jab & then mean old me tattooed him the next day ! He's off for his rabies jab this afternoon as I want to get the PP all sorted so he can accompany me when I visit my friends in Germany. It does take 7 months from the jab so if you are wanting to go abroad early next year you need to be getting it rabies done soon. My lovely scrummy Spanish vet told me it was best to wait for four weeks after the other jabs before doing the rabies. They now always have rabies vaccine in so your post reminded me to get it done this week

LOL it will nice to tell the vet he now has all his bits too & flash the tattoo at them
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Have a read of this the order the procedure has to be done in & the other links on the page re tests etc

Me, being a chip sceptic, just had to buy my own scanner(wasn't that expensive)to keep a check on the damn thing

Forgot to add you can use the Hull/Rotterdamm/Zeebrugge ferries now thanx to a UK Schutzhund handler There's a list of companies that do the PP on the DEFRA site
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Brilliant thanks Joedee - will look into it - I've been trying to find a ferry company near Kent - I would have thought someone did a ferry to Denmark but alas no only in the northish area

Will check out your info - thanks really appreciate it
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Finn got chipped at 16 weeks and did not even notice the chip being put in Star was chipped when she got her second vaccination and again did not feel it.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 01:34 PM
My cat had 2 vaccs injections, 1 flea injection and her microchip done all at once and barely moved! Definitely sounds like whimpy vet syndrome to me! Although when Pickles had his microchip he screamed like a girl! But then incomparison to his size I suppose the needle is fairly big!

I'm sure your Fern could cope though!
Tailwagger
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Sedated to microchip?!
Im sorry, I find that really odd!
Teagan didn't make a peep! It's just like a normal injection!

Can't be any worse than having the kennel cough medicine squirted up your nose! lol
When I picked Mutley up from the Rescue Centre they said they had tried twice to microchip him and they failed both times. As soon as the needle went in he "hit the roof". They didn't manage to inject the chip. They were going to have another attempt when I waited but they said it would upset him so i asked them to leave it and I would bring him back to have it done when he had settled in, maybe in a months time.

I guess the needle could be a bit thicker than normal to allow the chip to pass through.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >