Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bexxy1985
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:37 PM

I found a lost dog and was stunned at what happened next

Ok I found a small peek who was wandering around like a lost dog and no owner in sight. Sooo while getting Freya to sit and wait I fumbled round for its id disk and called the owner, I was a bit nervous as I have never been in this situation before and the dog didn’t seem to like me holding his collar to keep him with me. I was promptly told that the owner would send one of her children to collect the dog no thank you, no my I hadn’t realised he had got out nothing. So I waited and 4 mins later I saw a child of about 12 turn up on a motorbike with no leash he called the dog and the dog responded so I let it go and with a grumble of the dog he scooped it up and plonked it on his lap and rode off without a thank you or a bye.
I was left feeling a bit stunned and annoyed at the lack of manners people have today even when a good deed is done after all the little old chap may have been wandering around for a while more if i hadn’t notified the owner.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
How rude! Wowza..... I would be elated if someone found my dog (if she ever managed to get out wandering, which I hope never happens). Urgh, some people....!!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Aw bless you! If ever my dogs escaped I hope they bump into some-one like you.

It sounds like a 'latchkey' dog to me, there used to be loads when I was younger.

Well done you for trying though xx
Kyllobernese
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
I had the same thing happen yesterday. Driving home I came across a little Maltese on the road. I don't normally stop and pick up loose dogs as there are always dogs wandering around but I was afraid she would get run over.

She had a tag on so I phoned from my cell phone but no answer so left a message and took her home. After not nearing for a couple of hours I finally got hold of someone and got the address. The dog was not that far from home but was going in the wrong direction to go home.

When I delivered it back I realized it was a place that used to have a Chihuauhua that was always on the road. It disappeared, then they had a small Chi puppy that I almost ran over when it darted across the road. It is gone now and they have the Maltese which is also going to disappear if they don't start looking after her. There was no thank you or anything, got the impression they were annoyed that I even picked the dog up and brought it back.

People like that make me so mad and there is not much I can do as we have no leash law in our area or even an Animal Control.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:54 AM
At least you don't have to worry about what happened to the dog, you did your best.

Some people shouldn't own dogs. I would be beside myself if any of my dogs went missing, they obviously weren't.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:00 AM
sometimes people really do make you wonder...

A couple of months ago one of the elderly labs I do evening feeds for went missing when one of the kids left the door open, the lab is 13, has awful hips and is diabetic and needs his injection at 8pm. As soon as I got the text from the mum I grabbed roxie and my mum and went straigh to her house to see where she had been looking...... she answered the door wearing an apron an oven gloves....

and was dishing up tea.....

Needless to say me and mum went out and found him an hour or so later under a bush in the park trying to keep out the rain
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Some people shouldn't own dogs.
My thoughts exactly.......

Well done for helping..... I hope the experience doesn't put you off of helping again in the future (I'm sure it won't).

x0x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Some people eh!! There's one by us & I know exactly where he lives now so I take him home, he doesn't even have a collar (though he does now because I gave him one) I pleaded with the owner to get him a tag because if somebody else finds him they won't know where he lives. She tells me he "escapes" er yes well do something about it then!!
He runs over to the farm & has to cross the main road to get there. I've found him 3 times in the last 2 years - 3 times too many!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:38 AM
How rude, you at least deserved a "thank you"

Wys
x
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I picked up a collie was lay beside a main busy road on the edge of a shops Car park. Rang the number bf was told to put the dog back he had left the dog there while he was jn the shop. Now this collie came with me quite happily wot if kids picked him up not to mention the maj road.
AtD x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >