View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I was wondering about Chatsworth? Trouble is, despite living up here for nearly 9 years I still have no idea on place to go
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I do know of a fairly decent circular walk up Chatsworth, it follows the river along, includes the bit of moorland above the house, follows a track through woodland and bordering pastures and then drops down to Chatsworth main entrance. Parking is an issue though unless you pay (i've always parked in Edensor but spaces are down to luck).
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 07:55 PM
How much is parking? I don't mind paying. Chatworth is lovely
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Says it's £2 per car, thought it was more than that!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Well that is OK, I don't mind paying that at all
AmoAngelus
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2011, 11:49 AM
If anyone is in or Around Chesterfield, I'd love to go walkies with you and my new dog. I live in Holme hall, so there's holme hall park, and then a big woodland...I don't know the name, but it starts right behind holme hall school...perfect for walkies.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Just as a sidenote, the Chatsworth walk is no good for dogs who chase as there are free roaming sheep on the Chatsworth estate as well as on the moorland, and free roaming deer on the Estate. On the walk generally there is much game to be found, including hares.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Just as a sidenote, the Chatsworth walk is no good for dogs who chase as there are free roaming sheep on the Chatsworth estate as well as on the moorland, and free roaming deer on the Estate. On the walk generally there is much game to be found, including hares.

Ahhh that is very true! Didn't take that into account as mine aren't chasers!!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by AmoAngelus View Post
If anyone is in or Around Chesterfield, I'd love to go walkies with you and my new dog. I live in Holme hall, so there's holme hall park, and then a big woodland...I don't know the name, but it starts right behind holme hall school...perfect for walkies.
I am about 15/20 mins from Chesterfield
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by AmoAngelus View Post
I know exactly where you mean AmoAngelus - it called Linacre Woods and Reservoir. It's an excellent place for walking dogs and is probably better than Chatsworth because dogs don't have to be kept on the lead. I know the area very well and you can go for miles and miles and there are three reservoirs. My dogs used to swim there regularly. There are several ways into Linacre and you can start at Holmebrook Valley Park or further up, depending on how far you want to go.
I would love to go with you all, but my pup is not old enough to go that far yet - she is only 15 weeks old.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »