View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dru
New Member!
Male 

08-06-2005, 02:22 PM
As it was our 10th wedding anniversary in May this year we had planned another holiday to New York. Unfortunately our entire perimeter fence blew down during the storms at the start of the year, so our holiday fund was spent putting up a new fence, clearing the jungle and paving the entire space. Neither Andy or I had ever gardened before, but now that all the plants, flowers and trees are in pots they seem so much more managable and we both spend a couple of hours pottering in the garden each day. Please forgive the grubby fence on the right hand side, our neighbour ripped out our fence and took out our concrete posts without asking and put that fence up about 6 years ago. Now he has the cheek to demand us to pay for it's replacement I've added a few pics of the progress so far, still not many flowers in bloom, but fingers crossed we will have somemore soon.
take care Dru & Co, Belfast

(can you tell me what type of floer this is?)

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-06-2005, 02:28 PM
OK as I promised Kazz...

Well first a note that the garden is that last thing on the list! It's in phase 4! And we are still on phase 1 lol

Rocky in the area of the garden thats 'ok'/safe

Rocky with a bone in his mouth, and the only real 'live' plant left (thanks to you know who)

Sectioned off area of the garden, so you know who can't escape!

See all the ash from the bonfires??

Further out and there's the river
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4789.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	381   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4791.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	382   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4793.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	383   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4797.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	384   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4802.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	385  

Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Eraze it looks lovely, love the stream!!looks like a wildlife garden!!you would soon be able to sort your garden out!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Ian your garden looks fine, wouldn't take much to cut it down it is almost there. Wouldn't your neighbours do it for you? They llook like they keep a short neat lawn. I just wondered as I cut two sets of neighbours grass (who can't get out and aboout enough to do there own now) and I do another one in conjunction with another neighbour we take it in turns to cut the mans front and back grass he has problems getting oout and about and walking far, So we do it. What does it take 1/2hour tops each one. And it helps them. I make them up baskets and troughs too, depending on where they live if they want most people I find do love pottering in there own garden but its the "mobility" to get down to flowers that stops them the baskets and troughs are perfect. They can dead head themselves and water - independant. Sorry to go on but maybe your neighbours would help if they knew you needed some. I mean you'd help them wouldn't you?

Dru your garden looks lovely very functional and I bet the dogs and the cat enjoy sunbathing there.

And Azz your garden is lovely fancy having your own stream - envious here.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 03:23 PM
The two Jackie's your gardens look lovely JackieW you are on the right track, I bet its hard work though. And Jackie your sunhouse looks gorgeous I always fancied a sunhouse.

And Tuti - your garden looks great

I am enjoying this thread isn't it amazing how different people's gardens are. Diversity in all its forms.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 04:27 PM
ok here goes - you may remember I only got my lawn put down about 2 months ago = and just planted some plants in it yesterday - so have a nice side of the garden:

and then the bit that still needs done - thats going to get decking and then a more ornamental garden with more pots etc - its quite big though and wont get that done until our extension is built which should be getting started this summer !!

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi Brundog, nice turf or seed you've used. Is it turf?

Contemplating which is best you see, turf or seed.

May I ask what type you used? it looks really nice.

Thanks
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Looks great. An extension - ground floor or double storey?

And I would go turf. Seed can be a nightmare to get going.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz

hello
grass was turf - expennsive but worth it in the end and having to keep brunster off it for 6 weeks wasnt easy

I am not sure exactly what the turf is called - we got it from a company called turfit and they do all the playing fields etc so its high quality turf.

Definetly think the turf was worth it.,

Kazz - the extension is two storeys - garange underneath with a living room, ebsuite and dressing room ( off my existing bedrrom ) above and then a balcony with french doors and staircvase into the garden ( from over the garage ) if that makes sense !!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz

Figured turf was better,, just so d*mn expensive.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >