View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
2manydogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:15 AM
How are things today? Is he still wobbly?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:15 AM
yes his biopsy was fine its a fat lump.
now my brain is in gear and im not panicking i can now say what happened
he went out for a wee came in took a mouthful of his food and collapsed i thought he was chocking on the kibble so i put my hand in his mouth to the back but couldnt find anything (and no he didnt bite me then) i then realised he was having a seizure as he was pooing at same time he came out of it(or i thought he had) and ran to the front door by the stairs and pooed himself again i went over to him to say it was ok and stupidly put my hand near him so when he bit me it wasmy fault not his.
he was cosntantly barking at me but i managed to slip a lead over his head as needed him away from stairs as he ran up there were the kids were.
i then managed to walk him to the garden where the summerhouse is which luckily the door was open and he ran in and hid, but was there for a few hours when i kept checking on him he was barking and growling i put some water and food in there and left him but he was shaking like a leaf.

after 4 hours of this happening i opened the door and he ran out to me and give me a kiss and cuddle.

the vet rightly advised me to have himpts as it was his legal duty to advise this cos he had bitten me.

im going to take him to another vet tom to have some bloods taken .
not sure if he had another last night in crate or was dreaming but didnt wake himto find out and he was in a dark room but no mess in the crate.
hes had his brekkie looked forward to it went on a short walk with a muzzle on.

kids are all safe as if i go out he will have run of conservatory and garden and summerhouse while the others will be in kitchen but im only out a few hours a day so heusually sleeps then.ive never put my kids in any danger and they are all teenagers now and understand stuff so think im going to wait for the results of blood tests before i do anything
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I hope the tests at least throw some light on to what could be causing Ace's problems. It sounds like a good course of action you are embarking on to me.

Not an easy situation at all though I really feel for you.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 10:31 AM
In terms of fitting and aggression, there is a view that "rage syndrome" exhibited as sudden, out of the blue, intense aggression, with no warning, no gradual (albeit it possibly very rapid) build up and no identifiable trigger and with the dog looking dazed or confused afterwards, may be a form of pre or sub-epileptic seizure.

This is very different to people ascribing the term "rage syndrome" to aggression with identifiable potential triggers, even when it may not be entirely consistent whether or not the dog always reacts to the potential trigger.

As has been said, fits arise from different causes and the pre, during and post fit behaviour will vary between individuals, as will recovery times.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7