Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by partypooch View Post
trip's a roller... if i catch her before her shoulder's hit the ground, a growly 'leave it' will do the trick, if the shoulder's down though... forget it, she's not coming back until she deems herself stinky enough.

observation and good recall the key
this is what daphni does if you catch her before the shoulder then she wont roll
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I find if I can call Simba back before hes too focused Im alright..but if his head tips to the side, his shoulders lower and hes down then Iv got no chance of getting him back lol

Good luck!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Play with her on walks so she stays closer to you on that bit.
Work on your recall.
Invest in a hose pipe in the garden.
Honey doesn't play, unless its stones, bull rushes, clams lol, playing with toys outside is beneath her, although sometimes I really wish it wasn't, and lol I would, if I didn't live in a first floor flat, which makes it even worse when she does this

Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Let me know if you find a solution
Lol I will.

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If you find out, let me know!

If there have been cows in any of the fields near me, I don't go in them -- simple as that. All three of mine will gladly roll in cow poo with great joy, and I'd rather not bath three dogs after every walk. If I have to walk through them they go on lead, but I purposely try and avoid walks that involve livestock fields.

Mine generally have a pretty good recall and don't range too far, but if there is a steaming pile of fox poo (or similar), they won't stop until they have had a good roll.
The only other way past is the river, where if there are fishermen the dogs love, onlead or not, they become dead weights, a few fisherman gave them bread before and they've never forgotten (being hounds ) so its either field or not, but I might have to try and avoid it for a while, the worst thing is I've recalled her off a chase, but off a cow pat, never!

Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
My AB does this when he goes into the cow field where we live. i just keep him away from it when the cows are there. (I have the option to walk around this field). In the winter its not a problem as there are no animals in the field. he has got better, last year he would role in anything that was s**t.
I'm looking forward to winter again, after all the fisherman have left, the cows are away, and theres less dog walkers around its easier then

Originally Posted by Anjulian View Post
I too would like an answer to that, having a 7 month old pup that searches out the smelliest pile of whatever he can find. You are not always aware of where it is. He will also find dead animals,small one usually and roll in them. Other dog doesnt do it ever. You cant account for what you cant see.
Diesel doesn't do it either, but Honey does, if Diesel rolls its just in grass, when Honey rolls its never just in grass, its a pain in the you know where.

Originally Posted by partypooch View Post
trip's a roller... if i catch her before her shoulder's hit the ground, a growly 'leave it' will do the trick, if the shoulder's down though... forget it, she's not coming back until she deems herself stinky enough.

observation and good recall the key
Honey goes deaf, its the only time she does

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
yup - I can 'hup, hup' my pair will not roll - but if im not paying attention then its wrapping in a towel and chucking in the shower
Come and train mine for me then will you

Originally Posted by Rubster View Post

I have the same problem with Khal...he'll roll & roll & roll till he is totally lifting!!
Poor Jems OH had to bath Khal in the river at the weekend, he was humming

Bev
With Honey the last time you could everyone walking past asking everyone else what the smell was I wasn't impressed with her.

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
this is what daphni does if you catch her before the shoulder then she wont roll
If only Honey was that easy

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
I find if I can call Simba back before hes too focused Im alright..but if his head tips to the side, his shoulders lower and hes down then Iv got no chance of getting him back lol

Good luck!
Thanks, I think I'll need the luck with her, Honey is a stubborn cow!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Haha my dog LOVES fox poo and it stinks! Once she is down I have to go and get her, or if I'm close enough and shout HEY she sometimes stops. It just smells too good!

My usual tactic is just to find a pond or something afterwards so she can go for a swim to get it all off.. she still usually has some on her head if it was a really good roll
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2