Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 09:31 PM

Big Brag!!

HI All,

Zane's bene working hard recently at training and tonight I was asked if I would take him on saturday to where we usually odo the training and allow him to be part of a display team.

No idea what he'll be doing but shoul dbe good experience for him and good fun also - particularly when he doesn't do as he's told!

Wish us luck!

Laura xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Good luck I hope it all goes well
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Lots of luck.I'm sure he'll do you proud.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Many thanks - I know he will.

I'm sure he'll no doubt be remembered for his antics too if last night's training was anything to go by

So long as he has fun, I don't mind.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Good luck, Laura, hope all goes well and you both have a fantastic time
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Well what a giggle that turned out ot be. Zane was absolutely golden and di everything I asked him (other than when I told him to sit and he lay down!)

We did the usual heelwork, sit stay, down stay so thet people could relate to it. There are loads of people living nearby who have pet dogs who may well think their dog couldn't be trained. So the basic stuff was to show them how easy it can be.

We had a range of dogs there from very experienced dogs and handlers alongside the very inexperienced handlers and young dogs/puppies.

Then we did some heelwork off lead, recall and retrieve work and a little bit of scentwork, finishing off with a V-formation with the dogs going into a down position when it was their turn.

Zane did exceptionally well ang I'm so proud of him. I knew he could do it but for him to do all of it with so many distractions about was fantastic.

One little girl tried to pet him and I told her he'd pinch her hotdog if she got too close. Her parents laughed, as did she. She was about 8 years old. She stroked his head and ears which he loves anyway but made the mistake of moving the hotdog right under his nose. I think it lasted about 4 seconds before the whole lot had been swallowed. It was one of those enormous jumbo ones too.! Naughty but funny.

Hopefully this will be the first of many displays and shows I'll take him too. Next year I'll be taking Yiannis too.

Laura xx