Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 06:57 AM

Soggy windy Saturday 15th July 2023

Well I have an appointment with a doctor on Monday. So I will see what they can come up with. Just hope they don't want to discuss anything else apart from what I am going for. Have a good day all and hope you find a dry spot somewhere.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 07:44 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

Morning all was off to the allotment but Paul has texted to say don't bother sinking into the ground so that's off, may pop out with my sister later on but not sure could be tomorrow. Night out last night went well did not go the carvery in the end went to another pub table service I had a lovely meal I had Gammon and Chips really nice, all the meals looked nice though.

Brenda Good news, if they do try to deviate and you think going off script so to speak just remind them you are there for one thing. But you never know what is relevant to them and why. Glad you have an appointment though, and that it helps.

Lynn Sue Freya and Brewster will be the best of friend and allies in "naughtiness" pups/dogs and toddlers something special built up. Glad your lad has options sounds like a turn in the road that he did not know he needed always good ones. Best of luck to him.

Chris As long as he is eating power to him well done Teddy. I am off out for breakfast next Thursday so may well be a full English lady on that day. Hope your eye is progressing nicely and less cloudy/blurry.

Sue Suspect you will be busy as normal even without it being school run day. The girls will enjoy being home this School Holiday time I imagine having made new friends as well new hobbies.

Griff Change is as good as a rest as they say so works for your hair as well. Have a good day.

Right that's be posted and dusted catch you all later enjoy everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2023, 07:49 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Glad you have an appointment brenda. I don't think they have the time to discuss other things these days, not that I've seen a Dr since they looked after my hand when the hospital discharged me.
Judging by the news and people's experiences on the board that's the impression I get.

I think it will end up raining again today after it rained almost all day yesterday.
I would much prefer this weather over the weather across Spain, Italy and Greece at the moment.
Mark, Lauren and Freya popping in later today and we will see how the meet and greet goes with Freya and Brewster.
It will be baby steps he will be on his harness and lead, we don't want to set either up to fail.

Hope you enjoyed your dy yesterday Kazz even after the newly made arrangements.
Chris I hope the eye continues to feel better.
Sue I hope you have a calm weekend.
griff sorry there is no news yet about your op. I hope you are keeping as well as can be.
We can get a number plate for £12 from the local VW dealer walking distance too. Luckily we only need one.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 09:02 AM
Good morning all

We went earlier today and in the car as the forecast says rain and wind. However it hasn't rained yet. The wind wasn't too bad and now the sun is out - go figure. I'm guessing though that we will have more downpours and big blows before the day is out

Ted has started to bark to get to other dogs so that's my work in progress at the moment. It only started yesterday, but better to nip it in the bud at this stage

Dave is just running Gary's shopping and spending money up to his flat for me so that's another job out of the way. He had to bring the Tesco delivery in by himself last night as I'm not supposed to bend or lift anything for a fortnight. I'm doing my best to comply but not always possible with a whirling dervish Ted getting into mischief, but we can but try
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2023, 09:11 AM
well at last we had a bit of rain so I went to see if the new water Butt layout works

The 68mm runoff pipe is wet inside so that looks as if everything is now working ok
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 09:13 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn, Chris and all who follow

Good luck with the doctors appointment Brenda on Monday

It is always the way Chris it never rains when you are prepared for it Naughty Ted I had the same with Teazle but. treat when she sees a dog and all is quiet and she is even making friends with some now.

Hope the meet and greet go well between Brewster and Freya although even pups seem to know that it is a little visitor.

Well I got a voice mail from Ben's doctor (never heard the phone ring and it was with me all the time) saying just to give Maria pain killers and liquids but if worse over the weekend to ring 111 who will prescribe antibiotics.

Raining first thing so took the opportunity to clip Teazle, has taken me just over an hour. She has now gone off for a snooze Nothing planned for the rest of the weekend so hopefully a peaceful one. Have to take Paul to the station shortly as he has to be home by lunchtime.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 10:48 AM
Lol Sue, you never end up with a peaceful weekend.... hopefully it will happen this time!
Nice work Barry
Brenda, our practice is one appointment with one problem but tbf, it doesn't apply to me as so many things tie in. If a Dr needs to discuss something else, I am sure they will have a good reason for doing so.
Kazz, pleased the meal went well
Chris, hopefully Ted will realise that barking won't get him what he wants
Lynn, hope the meeting between Brewster and Freya goes well, I am sure it will
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2023, 12:21 PM
He's barking to go play so if he's on the ground, we walk away, if in my arms, I turn my back. plenty of praise when he quietens and keep his attention.

Unfortunately, treats aren't very rewarding for him but he'd kill for a good fuss so that's his reward for being good

Our doctor is one appointment for each complaint too. At my last respiratory review three things cropped up so she said I'd have to make three different appointments despite them being related to COPD