View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-06-2008, 01:02 PM
brilliant effort, £6000 is an awesome amount so give yourselves a huge pat on the back - is there a justgiving website or anything we can contribute to?
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone, billy is very proud of sponsers that he got and it is great to feel like you have helped a good cause.

The weekend before the group did another sponsered rescue ( i couldn't make it) but they raised £1,500 for the dogs trust.

Our newfoundland whiz won the dogs trust award this year because it jumped in some water and saved a red setter that had been severely injured and had got into major difficulties. Because whiz is a natural his instict just took over and he grabbed hold of the dog and brought it back to a very grateful owner. The story was in our local papers when it happened, so i am very proud to work with such brilliant dogs and trainers. I'm lucky as i see whiz every weekend, and billy gets to train and be rescued by him which he loves.

Heres a link to our group telling you about the charity stuff we do and also the story about whiz and the red setter and the award whiz and his owner dave won in january this year if your interested. The group consists of about 10 families (including mine) and 20 newfoundlands.

http://www.newfoundfriends.co.uk/NFF_stories.htm
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the update & link. Some great photos and stories.

I particularly liked the one of Ellie & Whizz jumping off the boat, that is one any photo journalist would die for - Action, water, child, and cannine, perfect combination!!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks for the update & link. Some great photos and stories.

I particularly liked the one of Ellie & Whizz jumping off the boat, that is one any photo journalist would die for - Action, water, child, and cannine, perfect combination!!

You must have an "eye" for photography as that particular photo was taken when we did a training weekend in swansea and we invited a photographer along. It was then in every major newspaper a week later with a story about elle and whiz doing the lifesaving togeather. Then a week later (after it was in the newspapers) we had gmtv (early morning tv programme) contact the group and we did a live link from our lake where we train. I've got a lovely photograph of my son and daughter holding the camera and the sound boom for the gmtv guys that day.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:39 PM
That is a fantastic amount to raise!! Well Done
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3