Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Okay..My little bro, as part of his training for his job, was taught to kill several species of animal. All done without stunning. Is that any more or less humane than bleeding to death? (but for his job is an essential survival skill, and one that he has had to call upon!)
Exactly, at least if I was dumped in the middle of nowhere with the correct tools I feel confident that I could ensure my survival with minimum distress to any animals I killed.

If I was in a group and some squeamish tree hugger said "oh no I could not possibly kill (insert relevant animal)" then they could eat something else, or starve.

God helps those who help themselves!

I also have NO compunction whatsoever about despatching any injured or ill wildlife i come across.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Or shooting a bird, then sending a dog to retrieve it so it
can be dispatched?! For sport!!!
Yes, sometimes the guns miss!

Then there is fishing, putting a hook inside a fish's mouth and then taking it out and putting it back in; for sport (not even for food)!

The list is endless, as usual, all of us have our own individual lines over which we think we will not go, unless........
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Okay..My little bro, as part of his training for his job, was taught to kill several species of animal. All done without stunning. Is that any more or less humane than bleeding to death? (but for his job is an essential survival skill, and one that he has had to call upon!)
A quick kill is what counts, be that dispatched on the shooting field or in a slaughter house.

Your brother would have been taught to dispatch a rabbit, bird or what ever he needed to for food, he would have been taught how to dispatch it quickly... thats the difference.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Exactly, at least if I was dumped in the middle of nowhere with the correct tools I feel confident that I could ensure my survival with minimum distress to any animals I killed.

If I was in a group and some squeamish tree hugger said "oh no I could not possibly kill (insert relevant animal)" then they could eat something else, or starve.

God helps those who help themselves!

I also have NO compunction whatsoever about despatching any injured or ill wildlife i come across.
Absolutely. I had to finish off a Pigeon the other day (cats )
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
And correctly administered, halal and kosher slaughtering IS quick!

I often wonder what all those people who holiday in Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel etc etc eat if they object to halal/kosher methods?
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
A quick kill is what counts, be that dispatched on the shooting field or in a slaughter house.

Your brother would have been taught to dispatch a rabbit, bird or what ever he needed to for food, he would have been taught how to dispatch it quickly... thats the difference.
Yes, but while they were learning, some were not as quick as others!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
And correctly administered, halal and kosher slaughtering IS quick!

I often wonder what all those people who holiday in Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel etc etc eat if they object to halal/kosher methods?
McDonalds dontchaknow!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
That would be the halal/kosher McDonalds then!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
oooh yes..( slightly OT...I read very interesting piece the other day about companies who make a big thing about British Beef/ FR Eggs, but import their chicken from Brazil etc. Often frozen poultry is foreign)

Wonder where these countries fit in with "perfect rearing and slaughter"
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

How is being beaten out of cover, being shot, falling to the ground then being carried by a dog quick or humane?!
Page 15 of 41 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »