Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Is it me ?

I have changed our walking patterns as I get home earlier from work Mollie is getting a 9pm walk obviously in the dark but we are fairly well lit round our streets.
People who during daylight hours come over to say hello to her and make a fuss. But after dark people are crossing the road to avoid us and one man actually ran away when she looked at him and did her little dance of joy (she has to do it everytime she sees a human lol ).

Anyway is it just me or are people friendlier during the day light hours ?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Probably a combination of things - they can see you and your dog more clearly in full daylight to assess whether they think 'you both look friendly'!

And when I lived in Paignton and used to go up on the grassy areas to walk my GSD very early in the mornings so I was back in time to drive daughter to school - I did find that a lot of people with obviously anti social dogs got out very early too. In fact one of them (apologising for his dog) told me he tries to walk it when no one else will be around!

I find it a bit odd really, even here where weather for most of the year dictates dog walking times to avoid scorching heat and burning pavements, that you still get less people walking their dogs early and late.

Some people are just wary of being out after dark for any reason and probably feel a bit 'jumpy' when they see anyone else approaching.