View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Well done Cain, Gelert, Anton and Teg keep it up!

Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
To be quite honest Emma all that barking and bouncing doesn't sound like the Ted I met on the group walk, he was good as gold there

Well done Casper
The power of hotdogs! To be fair apart from a couple of snaps near the beginning of that walk he's much better if we are walking with someone especially if the others ignore him to start with

Ted's been really good around other dogs the last couple of weeks he met a lovely 22 year old collie x last weekend and had a black lab come bounding over to say hello which he did nicely. He was quite good at the vets yesterday considering they where busy and was quite relaxed and wagging his tail at a black lab stood in front of us when we got there unfortunately she started growling and barking at him so he reacted to that and then the next black dog that went past also got a reaction but after that several other dogs came in while we where waiting to go in and then again when we came out and he was fine with those

He's also taken quite a liking to Poppy a little collie we sometimes come across even running across the field the other day to say hello and interrupting her game of fetch by picking the ball up every time she dropped it He really does seem to like her and becomes more lively when we walk a bit with them she however is more interested in her ball
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Social issues, what social issues? Very good behaviour from both "problem" boys today, and nice to see Kiki chilled out with a doggy friend, she's not too keen on the dogs around here as the majority are small breeds with a fondness for OTT behaviour which makes her a bit nervous

And Cain had quite an achievement at the end of the walk, though not sure if "Best poo roller" is quite worth bragging about, right Amanda?
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Poppy mastered the dog walk and a frame
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Well done Ted Nice that's he's got a new friend Poppy.

Well done Poppy! Has she just started agility? Big equipment for a little dog

Thanks got the pics Karly. Yes, the boys were absolutely excellent, really pleased with both of them, so much self control And Kiki was good as always, in fact I think you're fibbing about her, I've never seen her be anything but excellent I was pretty pleased with Cain's whistle recalls. I was less pleased with his mammoth super sloppy cow pat roll when I got home I had wash every single piece of equipment and bath the little b*gger
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Thank you, she's been doing it an hour a week on Thursday's for nine months now.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Polo has been very good recently. Today I took him to the fields by us which I have been avoiding as there are two dogs that frighten the living daylights out of Polo. As a result, he is very reactive walking past their houses usually.

Today he walked behind me and on a loose lead past both houses with just the briefest of glances up their driveways.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Another fun agility lesson and potter in the park. Seemed a touch under the weather when we got back but maybe just felt car sick. Oh & I remembered the course!!! (Didn't remember to leave the lead behind 1st run though.)

Plus a quick rough and tumble with his mate Hardy who we've not seen in weeks. Those two wanted to bounce on each other from moment 1 in our beginners class.

Plus I got round to mopping the floors.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Just a little brag here, hope you don't mind. I've been working on "leave it" with Spen and food lately. We've reached the point where I can drop a piece of boring kibble on the floor and he'll not go for it at all. Anyway, this afternoon I was getting the tub of diced chicken breast I use as treats out of the fridge, dropped it, caught it and the lid fell off. Spencer, as usual, was right by my side coz of course the fridge opening might mean food Well this afternoon diced chicken breast rained down upon his head. And he didn't touch a single piece Not even the ones that bounced off him. Of course, he did stand there practically swimming in drool and willing the chicken to leap into his mouth but he didn't make a single move to get any of it. I didn't actually tell him to leave it as I didn't think I had a snowballs chance in hell of him doing so.

And yes, he got a HUGE reward for his self control. We've done no work on him leaving high value stuff and there's no way on earth I'd have purposely tested him like that at this stage in training. Nor will I be jumping ahead and expecting him to leave handfuls of food thrown at him
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Well done Cain, Casper and Kiki looks like everyone enjoyed the walk

Well done Sosha and Poppy sounds like they are doing great at agility

Well done Polo managing to stay relaxed with the other dogs

Well done Spencer! I don't think many would be able to resist chicken raining down on them!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Good job Polo, overcoming his fears after a fright

Buster was great at agility today (as were your memory skills ) I expect you'll beat us into the advanced class at this rate!

Go Spencer! Not many dogs could resist raining chicken, but a particularly brilliant achievement for a labrador!

Cain went off lead again at agility and, while he needs to slow down and think a bit more instead of flinging himself with gusto over whatever piece of equipment happens to be in front of him, he didn't leg it and seemed to enjoy himself
Page 87 of 101 « First < 37 77 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 97 > Last »