Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:28 AM

Animal Addicts?

Did anyone watch this last night!?

It was shocking, i thought i was going to see a bunch of animal lovers instead... well i didn't!

Two people were banned from keeping dogs, one an ex vet . But both got around the loop hole and one is still living with her dogs and the other has 15 dogs (her limit) but i'm sure she bought or rescued another dog and bred a litter of puppies

It was terrible to watch!

But the owl man was lovely
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I thought the German Shepherds looked in good condition though, so obviously properly looked after as none of them looked over or under weight. I couldn't see any faeces knocking about either. The other ones though, all that muck, and the dogs living in filth was awful, like you I thought the owl man was lovely.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2007, 08:41 AM
I thought the owl man was lovely, and doing good work.
I thought the lady with the German Shepherds had her heart inthe right place, and a genuine compassion for her dogs..[you could tell by the way they all were with her], but she was just an incredibly lost soul.
However the other two mutli pet farm people, well..they were a sheer disgrace, and if i could get my hands on them....
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
i couldnt believe what i was hearing when the old bag said she would kill all the animals and herself if anyone tried to take them from her, surely that shows that she is a risk to them and shouldnt own any at all

i wasnt to keen on seeing the ex-vet hitting the dogs with a broom either. i know she was old and there was hardly any power in the swing but there really is no excuse for that behaviour
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2007, 10:24 AM
can't agree more when she said she was going to kill herself!! And put the dogs to sleep! So the dogs don't deserve a second chance at life?!

With the ex vet, i do think her heart is in the right place but at the same time i don't think it all adds up! If she was banned from keeping animals, why should she be allowed to keep 15? They were gorgeous dogs i must admit!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 10:35 AM
She wasn't banned from keeping animals the court said she was allowed up to 15
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by gaznweebeasties View Post
i couldnt believe what i was hearing when the old bag said she would kill all the animals and herself if anyone tried to take them from her, surely that shows that she is a risk to them and shouldnt own any at all

i wasnt to keen on seeing the ex-vet hitting the dogs with a broom either. i know she was old and there was hardly any power in the swing but there really is no excuse for that behaviour
The old bag with the GSD should'nt be allowed any dogs remember she was done for cruelty in the first place by producing litters with no eyes and limbs in some cases, and if she carrys on breeding she will produce the same, as for hitting the dogs with a broom that was totally out of order and I'm sorry but if the dogs wanted to be with her she would'nt feel the need to beat them with a broom, they only followed her for food...chucked at them
The owl man I think was a bit OTT theres not enough hours in the day to devote 5 mins per owl even, I did like the fact that it finished with him setting an owl free
I agree with the quote above
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
She wasn't banned from keeping animals the court said she was allowed up to 15
i thought she was banned for the reason inkliveeva said, but i may be mistaken?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
No, the court allowed Helen Hein to keep 15 dogs.
I felt rather sorry for her - her dogs were her life, but she has become misguided somewhere along the way. I recall her dogs being very well bred dogs somewhere back along the line, before she became overrun with dogs and just couldn't cope.

The owl man seemed a nice guy.

The other two old ladies were nuts !
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
ah right apparently she knows one of the guys that runs Crufts, hence the reason she got to keep 15 dogs. But that might just be hearsay

I know someone who collected dogs from her years ago and they said that the conditions were terrible then, but looked better today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >