Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I'm a bit confused, what is an ESH voice?

The owner is ESH so they are saying it in a voice more similar to the one she uses.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh i see, and ATD is the neighbour?
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Yup Bingo!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Thank you - bit slow this morning! ....or I should say this afternoon!
ticketyboo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe she was handled roughly while at the kennels and they hurt her neck...I would certainly ask the Vet to check her over before you do anything else.
ESH
New Member!
Female 

22-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Just to update everyone on the issue.

I took Poppy to the vets and her neck is fine, thankfully. Though she had had a reaction to something herf mouth was swollen and he had to inject her with an anti-histamine. Poppy is also producing milk, phantom pregnancy, am going to get her spayed as soon as i can, the vet advised i take her toys away, as she is treating them as her babies in her nest she has made under the dining table. Bless her, but hopefully she will be back to normal in a few days.
ESH xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:24 PM
That's interesting, as she is having a phantom pregnancy she may very well be behaving differently and have felt that her or her "pups" were being threatened.

Thought the explanation about her being only tunned to your tone of voice was a very odd one! It didn't seem very satisfactory to me from a behaviourist. Did you find out their qualifications before hand?
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post

Thought the explanation about her being only tunned to your tone of voice was a very odd one!
How so? If poppy is only use to voice commands, and i was trying to mover her physically she got scared and snapped.
ATD x
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:36 AM
But dogs respond to body posture even small movements that we tend to ignore first, voice commands come after.

After reading your update all she needs is some time to her self in her den, until she feels herself again. My mums Yorkie went through the same thing.
ESH
New Member!
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=packleader;1515604]But dogs respond to body posture even small movements that we tend to ignore first, voice commands come after.

QUOTE]

I do use body posture and gestures too, If i want her to leave the living room for example, I will say 'Kitchen' in a fairly stern (though not shouting!) voice and i will also point at the kitchen. She does as she is told straight away. What ATD was saying in the earlier post is that she got hold of poppy with her collar which she is not used to. This is what the both the behavioursit AND the vet said.
Since then, ATD has mimicked my voice commands, when she is at my house, and also the gestures and posture. Poppy does what she is told then.

I am going to leave her in her den and see how she goes, she is such a little sweetie!
ESH xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >