View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
My dogs have coats despite being on the large side. Meg gets arthritis if she gets cold so she has a nice warm coat. Plus she is long haired so if she gets wet it takes ages to dry and she can get chilled. Ned has a relatively thin short coat so i worry about him getting cold and I've bought him a coat, although he hasn't worn it yet. This is what they look like:

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 07:37 AM
both of my dogs have coats and boots not for fashion but for necessity(sp)one dog has arthritis so i like to keep her warm and dry and the other is quite slim,they have boots as where i walk them the kids think it is great to smash glass bottles and after my youngest one slicing through his artery and needing microsurgery it is not something i will risk again if they are not going to that particular field i will leave the boots off and use paw wax to help protect there paws
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-10-2006, 08:06 AM
No coats no boots... Even the little papillion can't stand them. If she gets cold she get caaried under our coats
Dogs have more trouble from heat than cold

Greetings

Johan
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Takara was a summer baby and as such was only very small when winter came round, she caught a cold and as she was still so small I bought her a little coat she hasn't got a raincoat because their hair is so short and coarse, it dries in no time and it doesn't bother the dogs (hardy little animals they are, being carriage dogs!) but I did get her this coat:
sorry for the pics - but I can't find the good one I got of her!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 12:53 PM
No coats, boots, scarves, gloves, hats, t-shirts or shorts here ... !!

If my dogs needed to wear some kind of clothing for health reasons I would of course go with that, but for fashion ... no, no, no!!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

If my dogs needed to wear some kind of clothing for health reasons I would of course go with that, but for fashion ... no, no, no!!
I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Doggy fashion ... does nothing but raise my blood temperature. I hate seeing dogs in outfits with 'Supadog' written on it and it also has a cape.

I've got towelling jackets for mine, but they only wear them when they have been doing some swimming when it's been less than 10 degrees and they are going to be in the car.

Here's one of the golden in his :

Dog boots, unless for medical reasons, is a no no ...
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 02:02 PM

I totally agree with this!!! I am thinking of getting loki a high visability jacket for the dark nights so I have no trouble seeing him on walks, also and I know this probably sounds daft to many but he looks alot like a fox colour wise and in the dark even more so, and if god forbid he was to run off I would hate him to get mistaken for a fox, he has never run off before but I did have a terrifying few seconds yesterday when he didnt come back as quick as usual and we were in a different area of the woods then normal so I was worried where he might have gotten to and got me thinking as the woods are surrounded by fields if he ran off onto the fields I wouldnt want to risk him being mistaken for a fox!!! Im sure when working they wore coats to ensure they wernt mistaken with foxes!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2006, 02:33 PM

Couldn't agree more mine are usually moving so fast on their walks they don't have time to feel the cold, they are frequently still wet when they get back in the car but have a thick warm duvet to snuggle into and the heater on stops them getting cold.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Couldn't agree more... want a dressing up thing... buy a doll
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 03:51 PM

I have to agree also

I feel sorry for the poor dogs, what about their street cred?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >