Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2005, 09:05 PM

Fireworks going off, any help?

Hi some fireworks are going off here early. we normally take meg the vets for tablets to calm her. she is going tomorrow. but theres fireworks going off tonight. does anyone know a good way of calming them down. Shes been panting and shaking a bit on and off
thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi Min tbs we talked about this recently here with suggestions...

Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2005, 09:12 PM
There going off round here as i type and Vegas is grumbling every so often when theres a really loud one.

I've got my tv turned up loudish (sorry Steve nextdoor!) to try and camoflage the noise and im not comforting him at all as this would only instill the fear further deeper in him.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2005, 09:14 PM
ive turned the tv up and closed the blinds,ive got a cat who keeps vanishing behind the sofa,and a dog whos crying,god knows how they are going to be next week,theres ramadam (muslim festival) ending this week/halloween.the firwork night i guess my neighbours will have to get used to my tv up loud.
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2005, 09:18 PM
thanks everyone! xx
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Its a bit late now, but this should really be worked with a long time ago - when you have control on whats been fired and where
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I know what you mean about fireworks going off early, every year it is the same before and after bonfire night. We had fireworks going off at 2.30 this morning, some really big bangs, luckily Daisy is not scared of firework noises even when she is out in the garden, but i wasn`t very impressed being woken up at 2.30 in the morning.