Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2021, 08:21 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 8th April

Good morning everyone

Overcast today but not so cold. Teazle walked and will go into town later to pay in some cheques for Ben and Barry. Hope to get the lawn cut this afternoon.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Good morning all

Still a bit chilly although it's supposed to be a bit warmer today.

We swapped computers yesterday because Dave can't see the letters on the keyboard on this one. I'm a touch typist so it doesn't affect me. Spent all last night sorting out [a social network] and ended up needing a new account. This is the second time it's happened. For some reason a defunct account of Dave's had latched onto my email address and no matter what I did it opened that account and not my own. I've now deleted that account but as it takes 30 days for it to disappear, it made more sense to open a new account. Ain't technology grand?

Have a good 'un all x
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Morning all. I hate technology. My tablet has now decided that I can't access emails. No idea why it has done it. Will now have to hope that pc lasts. Have a good day all. Off for a wander again as nice out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Morning Sue, Chris, brenda and all to follow.
Overcast today but not as cold.

Scaffolders turned up at around five yesterday and have capped the poles against the fascia. Roofers oversaw it and to check for damage. There are some black marks which may wash off but not enough room to see if any scratches.
When it comes down roofers will be there to oversee it and see if the marks wash off and if the corner of the fascia will pop back where it's meant to be once the pressure is off the fascia.
Had to pop round to other neighbour and ask her to ask her daughter to watch how far her bonnet comes over our dropped kerb. They are so n ice that I don't want to nag and thankfully they take it the right was. I would of spoken to Krisha but we missed each other.
She had realised last night and was half expecting us to knock then.
She isn't feeling to well and we said her parking was not up to it's usual standard but to be fair she has been overhanging the corner of the dropped kerb a few times this week.
We can get off but it makes it very hard to get the Chrysler back on as we need t be as near that edge as we can when reversing back on.
Then what with Graham the other side having his estate car parked opposite the gate life is very difficult.
I said to Gorden I think I need to be down a lane with no other vehicles to make my life difficult.
Why is parking since living here in the fens such a nightmare ?

Margaret has to have a colonoscopy next Tuesday to determine whether cancer or not. I have told Michael he needs to cancel her dentist appointment for the Wednesday neither will be up for the travelling or another appointment. For once he listened and said he will.
They may get the result there and then unless they need to do a biopsy then it can be up to a 2 week wait for the result.
So not a lot further on than they were.

Just ordered Lauren a pregnancy pillow she goes back to work tomorrow ready to open the shop on Monday. Mark is now desperately looking for a car as he has been using Lauren's. He has viewed a couple but not in the condition the write up or photos give impression of.
He might be biking to work for a few days.

Hoping for a quieter calmer day today.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2021, 09:33 PM
Lynn.... deffo no dental appointment, I was still bad 2 Days after mine and I had a CT colonoscopy so didn't need the really bad bowel prep....non cancerous thought's being sent Margaret's way.
Chris.... could you not just have added a keyboard??? Might have saved you some bother
Brenda, hopefully your email is now sorted
Sue... hope the banking went ok as did the lawn
Saw my nice neighbour today, she came out to talk to me, she showed me her bald head...wow!!! She pulls it off well, not sure she believed me and pulled her hat down quickly, she made me laugh as she has 1 eyebrow and eyelash hanging on