View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Feel like it Kazz and two cars who are probably visiting the park parking with their front ends over part of our dropped kerb.
About to explode.

Yes lovely news regards the scan at least baby is growing well and healthy.
Yes it is worrying hoping they have caught it early.
As far as I am aware there is no history in Lauren's family. Unless on Grandparents side both her mum and dad are alive and well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ok I went down the path and checked the scaffolding against our fascia so did Gorden. The path is for the houses along that terrace to access their back gardens thy have split gardens. We never use it as we do not need to and we cannot access any part of our property from it.
The side of our bungalow runs alongside it though and so does our guttering, fascia boards and telephone wire and box which has also been compromised.
We only use the path top clean gutters and do maintenance on that side if necessary.
Well there is only 1 pole out of 4 touching our fascia that has a cap, the side of our fascia (corner )has been knocked and our telephone wire to our little box is taught over the wire.

I rang the scaffold company and pointed out the problem about the poles and they are coming tomorrow to sort it but as Gorden says the damage will be done so they will have to sort any damage.
Roofers turned up a short while ago and checked it after I saw them and had a chat, they said it done wrongly they informed their boss and have assured us anything that is damaged will be rectified.
His neighbour joined onto him tried to get through with her bike and it wasn't easy and she nearly snagged her coat on one of the bolts which should of been covered.
So no one is very happy.

What prompted me to go out and check and take photos was I read they should of had our permission to put anything against our property. First we knew was the bl**dy noise this morning.
Replying as I read so only just got to this and was going to say o out take photo's or video. Ahh well they sound a responsible enough company, and not a flyby night one man band which is good. But irritating.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

Was gloriously sunny but freezing this morning and we've had a couple of 'blizzards' this afternoon.

Lynn, in our first house, the guy next door had builders in for an extension and they tried to build it on our garden wall. Needless to say, we put a stop to that pdq. Some people seem to think it's their right to take liberties.

Gary now has his doorbell fitted so it's just the Zenbook (posh name for 'ickle laptop) to be delivered and sorted now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 03:32 PM
I have photos Kazz.
Glad Gary has his doorbell Chris hopefully Zenbook will arrive soon.

The guy from the roofing company has just rung as his guys said he would. He will be down tomorrow to rectify the issue apparently they haven't used this scaffolding company before. Any damage he will sort then directly bill the scaffolding company. Hoping there won't be any,
He said we do not want to cause issues between 3rd parties, we wouldn't let it be a problem with Graham directly, I did mention though I had read up and we should of been asked if if they had permission to put things against our property. He was saying there was actually no need for them to place anything against the bungalow.
He mentioned Graham had health issues which I said I know about as I did his shopping last year. He has since been back to work for a good while so I stopped as he was working all hours and I pointed out he was out yesterday and able to drive and out somewhere again today as his car was gone so a note or a knock would surely of not been to much.
He had to agree he could of managed that.

Anyway seems like it will be sorted tomorrow he will be arriving about 8.30 so we will hang around to talk to him before taking Dillon for his walk.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Lynn, I have become somewhat of a property law nerd lol. If anyone wants access to your property, it's 14 days written notice unless an emergency repair, likewise work on the party/ boundary wall...things like replacing plaster wiring etc doesn't require permission....stuff like extensions requiring footings and any heavy works they need to give you 14 days written notice and I *think* anything involving changing footings etc on the boundary wall, both parties require surveyors. Now, the dropped kerb....take photos, and get hold of parking enforcement at the council.....they should be able to put a white H marking down... hopefully people will take notice of that, if not.....slashed tyres does the trick!!
Pleased the baby is doing well and I hope they have caught her brothers throat cancer early
Kazz, mum will be doing either 22.5 hours until December then redundancy, if this guy says he doesn't want to come back, 1st January she will go onto 18.5 hours and be doing expenses
Chris, so pleased Gary has a doorbell, hopefully will make his life easier
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 05:09 PM
I think you saw what my neighbours scaffolders did ( think I sent you the video) they walked into my front garden first time and put ladders right by my bedroom window!! When they came to remove it, they walked into the front garden again to take the scaffolding down, mum just tapped on the window and asked them to leave. Likewise, we weren't asked if they could come and work on the roof in our garden....same with all the works going on for 2 years...they just did what they liked. I just find it bloody rude and unnecessary, reasonable people inform their neighbours as nobody wants to have issues with their neighbours
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Thanks griff. Thing is they aren't on our property but have put scaffolding poles on our fascia board and the upright one against our guttering on that side of the bungalow that sits alongside the footpath to neighbours back garden and other neighbours in that terrace.
It is our actual bungalow they have abused.
All in order it seems we will speak to the roofing guy tomorrow and he has assured us any damage they will rectify and bill the scaffolding company.

Watch this space there will be steam coming out of ears if not rectified. As for the second driver that needed specsavers they have long gone. Think it's people using the park.
The neighbours either side can be a bit of a pain but not to the excess of stopping us getting on and off it just makes life a little more difficult.
I have looked into the application for the H bar it's £120 and you submit the application pay the money then they decide if they will allow it. If not they refund your £120.
We have thought about it before so may well follow it up, I am good at leaving a rather rude note.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Lynn, the scaffolding is touching your property, therefore you should have been notified...I have come to the conclusion that sadly a lot of people are just pillocks lol. I have just this minute finished sending the photos that our solicitor requested....what a pain
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2