Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 07:54 AM

Daily Thread,Tuesday, 23rd March, 2021

Good morning everyone. A year to the day since the first lock down and there is no real proof that it will end soon. I hope you are all ok. Kelly did you get Dakota back last night. Hope things are clearer now she has had the scans.

Do have a good day everyone and take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Moyra Good morning, hope all is good with you did you and Steve get the jabs, and did you have any side effects? I suspect he will be gearing up to return to work, any more thoughts on the car stay or go front?

Chris Glad all is going well and yes when you step out of the sun it is chilly you are not lucky as I am sure it was on your list when looking for you now property but I am slightly envious of a South facing garden that would be my high list of priorities in fact top I think.

Losos How is your brother getting on? and hope you are feeling okay both of you.

Brenda Not long now till you can meet up with friends and be yourself again. I am not sure but do you drive my memory is terrible sometimes.

Lynn Brought any more baby items? when does Gorden go back to work properly?

Sue Have you worked a day already suppose you have. LOL Will you be going on holidays abroad this year? I have decided its a nono this year and maybe next as well.

Griff Hope the 4 legged one is if not happy with her crate isolation but reluctant. How do your parents feel with the diagnosis?

Right not a lot going off here today, think I am getting a little bit "fed up" with the not being able to see people well those I care about anyhow. Spoke to a good friend yesterday and should of been a conversation over a lunch not a phone she has a lot going on. However considering a holiday to see the Northern lights but up to Scotland in the New Year.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2021, 09:15 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Bit chilly and trying to make it's mind up whether the sun will shine or not.
Nothing much gone on here over the last few days. Did have a face time catch up with the boys and Lauren and Maca last night as it was my Birthday yesterday.
Other than that no real news.

griff I saw Kota has to have 6 weeks rest till you can get the appointment for surgery. That's going to be hard then keeping her calm after surgery.
I also read you had to rush her back in due to bleeding from the cannula site ? Hope she is recovered now and you are able to relax a little.

Chris hope the new neighbours turn out ok.
Sue busy as always.
Also Kazz.
Harvey hope your brother is recovering well and that you Alena and Xena are ok.

Stay safe everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2021, 09:21 AM
Morning Kazz yes we bought the cot over the weekend they saw one they really liked and that would fit in their room till baby goes into it's nursery.
Mattress was a little extra so they said they would pay for that, we are negotiating as it only came to a little over the budget we allowed, they would like to paint the nursery so we have suggested they use the money for the mattress to do that.
They are visiting next Tuesday dropping my Mothers day and birthday presents off but it will be so nice to see them after 3 months.
Guessing mattress negotiations will continue next week. I have some bits here we bought for baby last weekend to give them.
Looking forward to seeing Michael again been a year now, him and Maca said on our face time last night they may get over for Christmas if things keep improving.
Looks like Maca may visit to first Christmas with us as she usually goes home and Michael comes here but due to all the covid situation last year they were both with her family so it would be nice if she chooses to spend this Christmas here if they are allowed to visit with us.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 09:39 AM
Morning all
Kazz, not long now...hang on in there and you will soon be able to see those you care about.
Thanks all for asking after my little black Shadow! She's not impressed at all but she was crate trained as a puppy and we have a giant crate set up in the living room and they both take themselves in there as and when they feel like it....so, she is in there and currently asleep, I have turned the heating on... given her her sedatives and pain relief. I can't really see it going as well as this after a couple of days but we will try our best, I was up at 5.30 this morning as my dad goes to work early so I had to get up and deal with Kota first thing.... that's my life Tuesday to Friday now!
Mum and dad are o.k with the diagnosis, obviously none of us want her to have surgery but she has already done a month and now it's another 6 weeks and then it's surgery and recovery after so we all feel ( as did my vet neighbour) that it's not going to resolve with rest and he should have just cracked on with surgery...but I will go by what he says.
Moyra, it's pretty much the same issue as what my vet had already told me.... just one disc back from what he saw.....same treatment, same recovery
I am allowed to take her for a little walk so will do that in a little bit
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Lynn, hope you do get to have Christmas with your family
So if I am missing people out, I am very very tired at the moment and trying to keep up but doing a crap job of it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2021, 09:56 AM
I am sure everyone understands griff.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 10:01 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased Kota is behaving today Kelly and hope it continues

Lynn I am sure you will persaud them to accept the gift of the mattress as well.

Enjoy your garden Kazz and soon you will be able to be out and about again.

Yes you are right been busy this morning. Two beds changed, one lot washed and on the line the other in the machine now. Have also walked Teazle and sown some sprout seeds in the greenhouse.

Yes we have a holiday booked for July this year but we are going to cancel it. I dont want to be on a crowded boat and I dont think a lot of Europe will be open to visitors. We can cancel up to 24hours before we are due to leave and we get a voucher for the cost and can then rebook for whatever holiday we fancy with the same company. So looks like another stop at home year and hopefully can get somewhere next year.

My eldest son has told me that he does not intend to visit us until he has had his jabs. Says it is better to safe than sorry. We talk once a week on FaceTime so still have contact. The family in Brazil is not allowed to travel but they have started vaccination over there so hopefully soon.

Both the sale and buying of Ben's houses should complete on Friday so fingers crossed then my work begins with helping to decorate and anything else that needs to be supervised. He is looking forward to be able to move in although by himself - just hope he can get up without my help

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Morning peeps. Been for walk and changed times and dates for Tesco deliveries. Kazz yep I did drive but got rid of car when I lost Tyto. I only kept it going for when an emergency happened to take him to the vets. Then there was a problem with me renewing my licence so don't have one now. Just as well as really can't afford to run a car. Walking is much better for me and the occasional bus ride which is very few and far between. So don't really miss it.
Hope everyone is having a good day. Sun is trying to stay out but clouds vying for more space. Kelly you are doing a grand job. Don't put yourself down. Bye all
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Good afternoon all.

Still a bit of a nip in the air today.

My lot are planning visits to us in September so far. We should have all had the second injections by then so hopefully it will be a lot safer unless we import yet another wave from Europe.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >