View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Its like laying a horse down for the first time, there is a good amount of 'fight' in it as well & even if an expert natural horsemen is doing it it can seem cruel to the untrained eye because the horse fights so hard to relinquish control just like a dog does, the only difference is that a horse is A LOT bigger lol but the fundementials are the same.

The only thing that I disagree with what CM did is something that I do when I lay an animal down is that I make the laying down pleasent & when they WANT to get up I let them up, because I can always lay them down again & the next time is always easier because of that.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Its like laying a horse down for the first time, there is a good amount of 'fight' in it as well & even if an expert natural horsemen is doing it it can seem cruel to the untrained eye because the horse fights so hard to relinquish control just like a dog does, the only difference is that a horse is A LOT bigger lol but the fundementials are the same.

The only thing that I disagree with what CM did is something that I do when I lay an animal down is that I make the laying down pleasent & when they WANT to get up I let them up, because I can always lay them down again & the next time is always easier because of that.

What is it with people who think they have to dominate their animals.

Would I let CM near my dogs-not the living ones no, but if he had still been alive I would have loved to have seen him try to"Alpha Roll"my 32" plus at the shoulder GSD. Dessie didn't have a bad bone in his body, however he was protection trained because he had such a close bond with me. He had to learnt to read human body language because his first owners kept him in a kennel & did absolutely b*gg*r all with him.

The police dog handlers at the Met who I trained with, used to call him crotch height, because no matter how tall a human was his teeth where still at this level. He had no fear of anything & I do mean anything. His protection work was clinical & he could be turned on & off like a light switch.

I would have allowed CM near him but Dessie would have not had a collar or lead on so he could not be strangled into submission(not that CM would have been strong enough anyway) He isn't tall enough to do what he did to the Wolf lookalike dog nor to wrestle him to the ground. But Dessie would on command roll on his back for the smallest child.

He wasn't like that when I got him, but I didn't need to strangle, electrocute or wrestle to the ground to retrain him, I built trust & respect & all the rest followed.

CM doesn't do that he bullies mentally & physically(& most dogs are e collar zapped off camera before being filmed so they react to his finger poke)He is a dinosaur who needs to go back to the dark ages of dog training
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
They are like bloody bad pennies, one finally shuts up, ones gone back to his shop & another one trip traps over the bridge.

JOY of joy

rune
redcoatsagility
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2011, 11:12 PM
yes xxxxxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:53 AM
No, never!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Yes......

.....just close enough so I could grab him and scare him senseless, just like he does to the dogs he "trains"
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 09:33 AM

I saw the Jindo ep, & I hate the term 'pinning the dog down' its more acurately 'laying the dog down' like the first time a horse is laid down, most of the time there is a fight (even if one does it right) because the animal is fighting the loss of control not so much the human doing the excersise.
No, often there is a fight because by that time the dog is very frightened and afraid for its life

The Jindo episode was disgusting and so very sad. The owner of the dog was sadly romanced by CMs methods, the dog as I understand it was fine, just could not be alpha rolled ... how very sad it was that CM was got in for such a ridiculous thing.

http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm

After a dangerous struggle, involving pulled tight choke chain and muzzle, the dog urinated and was wrestled tothe floor. It showed all the signs of learned helplessness and stress.

One can only imagine how frightened the dog must feel, how the trust in the nearby owner is smashed and how awful the whole scene is.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Not sure why this thread has come up again, though

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 09:36 AM

OK you`re a troll. Unless you prove to me that you can wrestle a horse to the ground. You`ve been watching old westerns, love.
Ignore button.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 11:59 AM
NO.

I'm pretty surprised at some of the people who have said yes....I really hope some of them have changed their mins in the last three years
Page 16 of 32 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »