View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 04:09 PM
You see prong collars on the dog whisperer sometimes. He doesn't condone their use, but he doesn't stop people having them if they want them either... I think they look shocking!

The 'command collar' in the link doesn't look like one of these though... Cant see how it works from the picture. Looks like a sort of plastic linked collar. Can't be good though. Maybe its the plastic prong collar.. This one is from a site ironically called 'gifts for dog lovers'... this is how you love someone? I must be getting that wrong

Personally I always steer clear of any training method that requires special collars. If you cant train your dog with food treats or toys or an ordinary collar, simply adding more pain into the mix isn't going to help anything IMHO
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2008, 01:58 PM
They look great for training a husband though
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I've just read through his 'quick start guide'.. He uses corrections only to train the dogs... No treats ever allowed and no food at all from human hands.

Not for me, I'm afraid.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2