View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ticketyboo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:01 PM
You've been given some good advice already....one thing I would like to add is- when your baby has arrived make sure your dog realises that the baby has a higher status in the home than him. -you can start doing this by having the baby in your arms when giving the dog it's orders.

....in the next few months before the babe's birth, try not to make too much fuss of your dog and don't let her do anything that you'll not want to let her do after the babe's birth.

I'm sure with taking adequate precautions, your baby and dog will have a wonderful relationship.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:02 PM
hi
great advice by everyone, get whatever ground rules you want in place done before the baby is born, so ie: if you dont want the dog in the babies nursery etc then train her not to go in now. etc

I would definetly recommend that you allow the dog to have a good sniff of your baby when you bring the little bub home and a lick if they want - thats what we did.

My dog took to it like a mother hen !!!

they are best buds !!!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Great photo brundog!
Thats exactly why there called the nanny dog!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh well, if we`re allowed to post cute baby and dog photos.....

I`d say just relax and enjoy! The kids will turn into horrible teenagers all too soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2