register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Thanks Brenda, couldn't work out who it was in Casualty, knew him but didn't know where from Very wet here, going to have to give training a miss, just on the right side of things and not in as much pain as I was and want to keep it that way!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Yep best to take it easy. Not good standing on damp ground. Do what I am doing, read a good book. I am reading one by Rebecca Tope, not heard of her but the book has started out well.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Good day everyone.
Miserable wet day here and cold to boot! Had dogs out for a good walk and they are now back home and dried off and have retired to their beds.
Terrible shame about Sir Terry Wogan - I am quite sparing in my praise of so called "celebrities" but make an exception in this case, he was a man of immense talent, self deprecating and with a charm and sense of humour so often lacking in this day and age. Not forgetting that he gave so freely of his time to raising money for charities and good causes. A thoroughly decent man.
Big luncheon at Nippy's today, hope all goes well, whilst in West Sussex they are dining on fancy foreign fare "mouse's knackers" or whatever it's called. I've never had this and think by it's name it is unlikely to be featuring on our menu any time soon. It's living down on the south coast - near to Europe and foreign parts - gives them a taste for the exotic!
Come on Griff! Plan a big event - get out there - do a spot of adventuring. Can't have you staying at home all the time, it's not good enough for a young lass like yourself.
What are those police doing near you Lynn - I love a bit of gossip - it's got me all agog with anticipation. Don't just wait to find out - get out there and ask them! lol !
Bye fer now have things to do, so will see you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 02:10 PM
So sad to hear about Terry he was such a lovely amiable man, in all his interviews of folks and other game shows etc, he was never unpleasant in any manner and as you say Gordon he did an awful lot for charity. Just walked Amber out it is filthy out there. Not a very nice day at all and I understand it could be even worse tomorrow. Do take care everyone and batten down the hatches.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Afternoon to all who have followed.
Gordon I wasn't quick enough but I will say the back door of the van was opened and shut before it drove off so am wondering if someone was arrested.
Could only be the pub or no.5 all was very quiet though and we didn't hear any shenanigans last night.
Maybe it was the badly behaving rat brenda.
As soon as I find out from the village telegraph I will update.

Horrid horrid day weather wise. We have brought anew remnant of carpet for the living room the old bit is a bit past its sell by date now. There will be some wooden flooring showing but we like it mostly covered because of Dillon slip sliding everywhere.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 03:12 PM
OOOOer how exciting Lynn? Probably not but for the police to come out these days it has to be worthwhile. I wonder if I am too late to get a plate at Nippy Jen's. I think it is only going to be chicken and mushroom pies today. The flat still smells of beefburger that Steve cooked himself for late breakfast. There were burger buns there and he loves the burgers with Kraft cheese slices both sides of the burger in the bun so hopefully he enjoyed it. I was out walking Amber at the time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Lovely chicken and mushroom pies we are having toad in the hole with local sausages from a supplier called bramblebee porkers. They also sell local honey.
Not tried them before so hope they're good. They have come from the Gloucester old spot apparently.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 03:32 PM
I love the Gloucester Old Spot pigs, Lynn I hope the sausages are as good as the pigs look
Very heavy rain here this afternoon, so I didn't go to training. Its not so much standing in the cold because my wellies are really warm insulated neoprene ones and I could put my snowboarding trousers on as well, its slipping and falling on my back - again - I am walking reasonably well now and although get twinges it is not constant pain like it was, so not tempting Providence one bit.
Been out and sorted the girls with clean dry bedding and a bone and raw carrot each. Beds not that bad considering the weather, I have still got a bit of bale number 2 of shavings left, and it is 2 weeks tomorrow I got them, and got a 3rd not yet started, so maybe will be able to get the money sorted to decorate the kitchen, when I work out how much I've spent on shavings in the last 2 months I can quite see why I haven't enough and can't seem to save any money for the kitchen!!! Surely there's been enough storms now, can they not go and bother the Arctic and turn themselves into snow and ice
Making a bacon and cheese butty for myself now, and will carry on cleaning up after that with my brew
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 03:47 PM
New pic on www.northlancing.org if you fancy seeing it. Three dogs in a log. watching silly film called Big Business.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 04:00 PM
They look really happy, Brenda
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »