View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Barbara, how come you had to give the Presa up? What was the story behind you having him? I thought I read somewhere that you had him for about a year (not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me!) and then the owners wanted him back. Couldn't you have argued that he was now your dog? Do you ever see him anymore?
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 03:13 PM
My husband met a guy on a job who owned the brick masonry company. He used to bring a puppy to work everyday (the Presa when he was just several months) and not watch him, feed him, give him water. The dog would roam around the job with cranes, lulls, and other machinery. Sick. Anyway, the guy had a drug problem and was about to lose his house, his leased cars. Basically he hit bottom and he needed someone to watch the dog while he got himself together. My husband volunteered and that's how he ended up with us. It was supposed to only be for two weeks and it turned into a year and a half.

The guy barely ever saw him, and when he did take the dog for a visit, he would come back skin and bones as if he weren't fed. I really didn't want to give the dog back, but the dog was all the guy had and he did pay a lot of money for him, plus, the dog loved him very much. We knew we were only watching the dog temporarily. It was a huge ethical dilemma when the guy said he was ready to have the dog back. Lots of people told us we shouldn't give the dog back, since we paid for all of his food, and vet care the whole time, but I think that would have been like stealing to not give the dog back.

We haven't seen the dog since he took him. I wonder sometimes if he even has the dog anymore or if he sold him for crack... I don't like to think about it I loved that dog to death.
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2004, 03:47 PM
You poor thing. I don't think I could've given the dog back. How long is it since you gave him back? I'm guessing 3 years since that is how old Tigger is. Must have been awful having him for so long and not knowing how much longer he'd be with you for

Have you tried getting in contact with the guy since?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Barbara

That's so sad.

It must have been very hard. After having him for so long he was, in the emotinal state anyway, your dog.

I hope he is okay whereever he is. That's all we can hope for.

Jeanette
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Babs that is so sad You did the right thing by the guy but I bet it was hard. Hopefully somebody bought him of that guy and now hes in a loving home, just like when he was with you
Bon
Almost a Veteran

23-05-2004, 08:56 PM
:smt022
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-05-2004, 09:20 AM
don.t start me of Bon... :smt005
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2004, 07:56 PM
He'll be gone a year sometime around this Christmas (before). I got Tigger in anticipation of Tigris's leaving, but he ended up staying with us longer. Yes, I hope he's okay too.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2004, 04:24 AM
It will be a year in August-September. I asked my husband. I am SOOO bad with time frames I keep wishing he'll come back...
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Barbara

Yeah I would hope he would come back to you too.

But we just have to believe he is okay

Jeanette
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >