View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:36 PM
aww now i see what you mean just like kids really if one sees one getting attention from someone else they are selfish aww im just glad i know now why it happened chey has never had any problems with any breed of dog has always gotten on thank you for puting my mind at rest
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
aww thanks trikeschick i just dont understand why the dog snapped he seemed fine at first very friendly with me and chey untill the owner of him was paying attention to chey and then he snapped but no harm was done
There it is Jen-jealousy!

Some dogs get insanely jealous when their master or mistress makes a fuss of another dog and either push the other out the way or sound off at it.

lol-i always compare dogs to children Jen cause of how they sometimes dont like attention being diverted from them to others!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The only problem with dogs Jen is that we humans sometimes dont understand canine body language and this Rottie may have seen Chey's actions as trying to be dominant over him.Im not excusing this Rottie,but cause i have owned one before,i know that they are a dominant breed and snapping,snarling is just their way of maintaining hyarachy when they feel their position could be compromised.

Vegas is forever being snapped at by other dogs Jen cause of his body language (tail bolt upright,staring and looking alert) and he is himself a dominant dog who refuses to be submissive with others.Vegas dont growl,but if allowed-he will mount them which again is dominancy.

Abe was a bossy boots with other dogs and he too would snap or snarl at them if they got too much for him,but never needed to actually bite cause he was quite vocal.
Yes I agree Steve, I think it could have been any breed of dog really if none of them had been neutered, most entire dogs don't tolerate stange dogs and especially as the man had been stroking Chey beforehand he was probably feeling a bit jealous too.

Hope Chey is okay now Jenn - it must have been quite a shock for you both especially with all the bad press about Rotties recently
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:43 PM
thats very true steve ive seen kids act in this manner and is not nice jeaulosy is a horribe thing to see im just glad all ended ok in the end no harm done apologie accepted and we went on our way
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:43 PM
My sisters dogs get jealous of Suki when I visit her They can't handle the fact that I have my own dog now.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:48 PM
aww thanks foxy chey is fine no harm was brought on to him just frighened him when the dog snapped thing is chey has never seen aggresion from any other dog as he gets on brilliantly with his brother so it was a shock for us both but what a gorgeous rottie the fella said he was 18mths old and boy he was big and it was strange to see the dog still with its tail but very friendly with me,i know peoplesee a rottie or any other breed of dog that has been in the paper and panick but i didnt the fella said he was friendly with people
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2