View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Syd is looking through the stair gate from the kitchen going crazy when I get in after being out.
Her tail goes round in a kind of whole circle movement, really fast so that she can't actually sit down, she is bowing and oh - ohing in a kind of dog-talk way! She then rushes to get something (a toy or something that belongs to her) to bring as a present. This is something she has always done since a puppy and if she can't find anything she will pick up anything to bring us, she gets really worried if she can't find a present to give!!
Once when my mum came to visit she came to greet us and her yodelling actually sounded like she actually said "hello". We still laugh about it now - it was hysterical....
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I did the ognoring thing with Hollie, and it has worked for me and the boys. Hollie has a special hello, it is an odd "oooh rooo oooh roooooooooooh" sorting of woofy howly noise, very odd!! She doesn't jump up, but comes over for a fuss then settles down.

When Kev comes in, it's a totally different story! He never did the ignoring thing, Hollie is like a mad dog on springs with him!! He tries to get a bit stern sometimes, but within seconds is laughing then fussing her, so she gets her reward!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 09:51 PM
My dog greets me with enthusiasm and then rushes to get her toy, and we have a tug or throw
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:30 AM
even the worst and most horrid day at work is quickly forgotton the moment i walk through the door and get greeted - i couldn't live without it!!
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 07:49 AM
oh I couldn't ignore Suki for 20 minutes. She is up at the window as soon as she hears the gate opening and the wagging starts with her stump and then develops into a full blown body wiggle.

I don't allow her to jump up though and she knows that there's no cuddles until her bum is on the floor. Her face lights up, the tongue hangs out and the body wag is still happening when she sits but then she just goes potty for her cuddles.

If she jumps up I stand up straight and she sits down again. Once she's had her cuddle she's very happy and goes off to find her bone to celebrate!

When she was smaller she used to run through the house and back again about three times whenever anyone came in - running along the back of the couch, knocking into people - not ideal behaviour and thank goodness its stopped.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Shaan is just happy to be able to get near me to get a stroke.
Awwww bless him, I love your Shaan
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Gemma is always just behind the front door when we come in ,and i always verbally say hello, straight away ,but i dont fuss her much ,also when we have visitors i hate her jumping up ,so i do ask people not to make too much of her,but gems got her own way of getting attention she will dash around a room grabbing anything thats not nailed down and offering it to the visitor or getting her head in a vistitors bag and strolling off with all sorts ,we've had amoung other things letters ,photos,lighters,makeup bags,and the most embarressing was a tampon oh dear who'd have them
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:56 PM
We have always ignored the dogs when we come in, they know they will get fussed when we are ready, it works for us

Now if the Dogs have been in Kennels that is a different matter entirely Ava almost ended up in my arms when we picked them up last week from Boarding Kennels, no mean feat for a Golden!! Bliss, was all waggy tail but more laid back..............Sweep was just Sweep, he took it all in his stride, but I got the fussing first from him before OH of course!!:smt002
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Lily is always REALLY excited to see me when I get in, and it's not that often I actually go out.....lol. As soon as the door opens she runs into the kitchen, picks up the first doggie toy she can get her mouth on and brings it out to me................................................ ..........the runs off with it, but her tail and bum wagging like mad the whole time!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Well it all depends on who's asleep and how "deep" in sleep they are. If I'm lucky Isla will be well gone and first I'll get Woody.

You can hear the "shuffle" as he desperatley tries to get out of his basket faster than his old legs will allow. Then as I walk in he'll come hobbling over, tail going like the clappers! He likes to go through your legs once or twice before rolling onto the floor with a big groan and a LOUD few bangs of his tail against the floor. Which then wakes Pickles up who, still wondering who and where he is after 14 years, totters over to say hello by trying to walk under you whislt you're crouching. So after a few "coos" at the old boys Isla wakes up and launches herself from her side of the kitchen to mine and I end up with all three dogs and me in a heap in the middle of the floor. Wouldn't have it any other way!

And as you've probably guessed, no I don't ignore them when I return home!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >