Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:36 AM

How do your dogs greet you?

Hello just a quick question, every book I have ever read really advises you to ignore your dog for the first 10-20 minutes of coming home and then when you are ready, you say hello to the dog.

I have to say this is sometimes quite difficult , so I wondered what you guys do? and what do your dogs do to greet you?

Roxy play bows and wags her whole body when I come home and licks me all over my arms until i've said hello
minter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I get wagged at, barked at, licked, sniffed and mouthed. I`ve heard about ignoring them when you get home, but how can I when they`re that excited about seeing me.

Only thing I`m against is jumping up at me or anyone else.
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I do ignore them for the first 20 minutes or so, but that's only because if I don't they're so happy to see me they start yodelling and then bowl me over! I just go in [they stay in the kitchen], pop the kettle on, make a cuppa while they're milling around and by the time it's done they're much calmer and I can say hello without them going mental They all do the whole body wag too!

Ani
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:40 AM
One of my greatest pleasures is letting my dog greet me when I come home I trained her long ago not to jump up on anyone but I do get a waggle-butt, a grin/lotsa kisses and then she brings me a toy to throw for her- its wonderfull
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I can't ignore their welcomes, I would say it is one of the most loved things about the boys, and when I lost Simba last Christmas that is what I missed most x
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:45 AM
that is one thing i couldnt do and that is ignore the boys welcome when i come in they are so full of love to give to give tails wagging loads of woo woohs its such a delight to see to happy boys wanting to give me as much love as they can even if ive just popped out to get the mail
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
that is one thing i couldnt do and that is ignore the boys welcome when i come in they are so full of love to give to give tails wagging loads of woo woohs its such a delight to see to happy boys wanting to give me as much love as they can even if ive just popped out to get the mail
jen you've said it so well
I live alone and have no family and my dog is my whole world- no way could i ignore her when i get home
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2006, 11:53 AM
We don't set a time limit, but bums have to be on floors before we take any notice and give a fuss. Syd does it as soon as he sees you, Rio is a good few seconds slower, but she is getting there. Although first thing in the morning she tries to sneak in a quick kiss before her bum hits the floor.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Theres two of ours that do the 'woooo woooo' thing constantly until we say hello to them, a couple of the bark to get our attention with Spike and Ty they always seem to bow like you say with lots of tail wags and licks
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:55 AM
aww thank you even if i tried i couldnt there big brown and blue eyes looking at me tail waggings belly throw from side to side dabbing of the paws and the best the woo woohs its better than winning the lottery
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >