Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Insurance for a rescue dog?

i am a bit worried about Dog insurance on a rescue, does any know of any places that will insure the dog for life, i mean say the dog is 2 years old the rescue place wont know its history...so would a insurance place accept it...?

Thanks!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure about the insuring dog's for life part, but I don't think you should have any problems insuring a rescue dog. I had no problems getting my rescue dogs insured.

The dog should be vet checked and if there is a medical
problem you need to mention that on the insurance. Apart from that I don't think it matters that the history isn't known.

The RSPCA gave us 6 weeks free insurance with our dogs but I don't know if all rescue places do that
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:31 PM
hiya thanks! i just dont want to find a dog get him home then be told i can not insure him!

i know that more than insure for the dogs life, maybe nearer the time ill phone them up and ask them?

just trying to get things sorted in my head so i know whats going on!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I got insurance with M & S for my rescue no problem whatsoever. After all, you chop and change insurance companies all the time and as far as they're concerned they just want your cash and you get the insurance? My rescue was 5yrs. old (gsd). The only history I could give them was what I knew about as luckily he had the same vet for his 5yrs. that I had anyway, so he could tell me all. Just explain to them that this is a rescue dog, you don't know of any existing conditions, but you've had a vet check him over and he seems in perfect health! That's what I would do anyway!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:37 PM
All my dogs have been rescue dogs and I have had no problem in insuring them
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 03:41 PM
well it has put my mind at rest!!! one less thing to worry about!!
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Pet Plan insure for life as long as you keep renewing your policy with them and they will definitely insure a rescue dog of 2 years old no problem
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 04:16 PM
hiya well unless im reading it wrong but pet plan state that they only insure a dog up to its 8th birthday and in some breeds 5 years old............ i have my cat insurance with them but they insure cats for the lifetime.......
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 04:17 PM
What they mean is they will only accept new pets up to 8 years old and not beyond...if you're dog is 2 years old then there's no problem...they will only insure for life if you keep up the policy with them.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:28 AM
aHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ok i get it now!!! haha!

Thanks!!!! i might get a double discount as my cats with them............oooo!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >