Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:20 AM

Lovely delivery man!!!

Well, the kitchen tiles have just been delivered by the loveliest man. I put Bongo on the lead when he came to the door, so that she didn't jump all over him, but he was clearly quite happy to have some puppy-cuddles, so he stopped for a quick chat after he'd brought in the tiles. He was delighted to meet her (and she's always delighted to meet anyone!) and made a real fuss of her.

He told me that his grandad used to breed airedales somewhere in Wales, and apparently won BoB at Crufts once, back in the 60s. He was especially pleased to see the Bonger because he's terribly allergic to most dogs, but has never had a reaction to a wiry coated thing, so he misses out on doggy-cuddles most of the time

Isn't it nice when somebody out of the blue gets a real buzz out of meeting your dogs?!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh I totally agree Duboing
Its always a pleasure, our postie loves Roxy now and even the guy that fitted my OH's windscreen took time out to give Roxys some cuddles.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Totally different to the man that delivered Poppy's new toys yesterday. He rang the door bell, Poppy ran to the door but stayed on her side of the baby gate, OH opened the front door, Poppy gave one warning bark because she didn't know who he was, he dropped the box on the doorstep and ran back to his van, with OH shouting "She's OK, she won't hurt you" to which delivery man replied "You can't be too sure these days" and jumped in the van!!

Could you imagine his reaction if she'd been anything bigger?!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
Seriously? A cav behind a gate! What did he think she was, Houdini? The world must be a very frightening place to such a man
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:47 AM
We only have the gate because we're quite near the main road and curiosity would get the better of her and she'd be out the door.

Just as well it was toys in the box and nothing breakable.

I must admit, we did laugh after he'd gone.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes its great when strangers come to the door and your dog gets a warm reception even better when they are real dog-lovers Minnie loved our Betterware man ( he was cute ) but he moved to London
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post

Ohhh please tell me how to get this man to deliver to me

3 "wolves" wooing at him he might just pass out on the step
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 04:29 PM
i have to put ben in the kitchen as he thinks anyone at the door is for him, and can he bark, i say its his way of saying hello as he cant talk human !!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I remember when I first got Dusty, and my mums next door neighbour was just visiting at the same time I was. She said her mum used to breed mini dacchies, and she hadn't seen one for years. Dusty was tiny, 8 weeks old and I was carrying her in my arms. I asked her if she wanted a little cuddle and she was so happy she burst out crying! She said it reminded her of when they had them at home.

Bless!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I always liked it when strangers asked if they could fuss Abe my old Rottie.Abe always behaved himself impecably with people when out and it would give me a warm glow inside when they would say he had changed their opinion of Rottweilers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >