View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Why do people tether dogs in the vicinity of where children are playing?...I remember a while ago a story similar to this was posted on here, and the dog was tethered in the corner of the garden while a childrens party was going on, which I found really stupid because that is to much crazyness for a dog that can't go away someplace quiet if it wants to or gets over excited at all the movement and loud noise.

I tend to agree with you Helen about dogs being tethered. If they want to go away and can't they can get wound up. If there is no adult out there supervising the dog and child should be separate.
laura1
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi,
I have a rotti his name is Zeus and he is 3 years old, I think it is so wrong the way they keep putting down the breed. My mother is very much against big dogs, If not long ago had a bullmastiff puppy now nearly 6 months old when I told her she told me to never come round with him or go near any of her grandchildren, she has herself 4 mongral, and not one of them is trained like my dogs they dont listen to her, sit ,down,they pull on the leed they are a nightmare and she thinks they are safe with kids.
I took my rotty training from a young age and Im doing the same with my bullmastiff.Both my dogs are very lovable,great temprament and wouldnt hurt anyone .
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:21 PM
That's the problem Laura not everyone can be bothered to take their dog to training classes. I have a friend who has a very troublesome Jack Russel, is always going for people and i suggested to her about dog training classes. Her reply 'Im too lazy I can't be bothered'

It's owners like that that give breeds a bad name.

Despite all the hype at the moment over rotties attacking children it hasn't waivered our conviction on getting a rottie in the future as our next breed.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:25 PM
How sad
There are probably loads of stories of dog attacks but they just pick the ones with the same breed so people will notice them and read them

I hope they don't ban rottie sbecause of a few stories. If they printed all the stories of nice, loving ones it would far out number the bad I'm sure
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Bandwagon springs to mind Sorry.

It's quite possible this child was attacked badly, or perhaps the dog warned the child off for winding him up while he was tethered and when the child didn't back off, he got his hand bitten (or something).

But because of the recent media hype - we'll get it put in the paper and get some publicity out of it...

On the other hand, I'm glad DEFRA are seeing sense.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 06:42 PM
More people are hurt and killed by cars everyday,but has anyone thought about banning them? Of course not-its silly to ban cars just cause people die from being involved in accidents with them,but equally its ridiculous for anyone to suggest that banning Rottweilers will stop all dog attacks.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
More people are hurt and killed by cars everyday,but has anyone thought about banning them? Of course not-its silly to ban cars just cause people die from being involved in accidents with them,but equally its ridiculous for anyone to suggest that banning Rottweilers will stop all dog attacks.
Couldn't agree more...many things that arn't banned are a lethal weapon in the wrong hands.

Glad DEFRA is seeing sense on this one if anything.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry Lottie, but they did state that the dog was on top of the child mauling it and the grandmother came out of the house to try and get the dog off the child, that's when the workman heard all the commotion.

They have intereviewed all the neighbours too, and they all said there's a big sign on the gates stating "beware of dog" and it has got out once or twice, but they didn't say anyone else got hurt on those occassions?!!! Actually it's a wonder they even mentioned that bit isn't it, if nobody was hurt!!!! One awful woman they interviewed said "they should ban these viscious dogs"!!!!!

Being the owner of 2 raucious gsd's who terrorise my little side road when anyone dares to walk past our driveway gates, I'm in for some stick now I think!! They used to tell me how much they loved it when my two barked or went mad at the gates, as they knew somebody was coming up the road who probably shouldn't because it's a private road, but now I fear the tongues will be wagging and the drums are beating around here about my two!! I'd better keep them under extra strict control at the moment I think around my house
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:20 PM
This is just getting ridiculous, it's obvious they are going out of their way to find rottie incidents and no other breeds. I have a friend with rotts and a friend with JRT's, I know that the rotts would only kiss me to death, but I know for deff the JRT's could put me in hospital! They are so bad they cannot allow strangers in the same room as the dogs!

Bet that wouldn't make the papers, but if it were rotties...

so sad people are so manipulative
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I know, it's all so sad The reporters are going out of their way don't forget to find out about any rottie attacks now though. This was HEADLINE news on my local South Today programme tonight. This 2yr. old is in the hospital in a bad way, but managing to eat. I will listen out on the other channel later and see if it's headline news on there too. All this publicity I think will be the downfall for the poor rottie I fear

oh no even folk on the forum are starting to think that this could be the start of the end :smt100
I think I should start a movement to save the darcguard 7 justice for kaos,mea,royce,tegan,vinnie,holly and beau (aka beau beau the wee skitso )
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >