Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 01:43 PM

Jess Is Home!

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, I have been waiting a long time to get my Northern Inuit puppy Jess and she came home on Friday evening!

I have had a lovely few days with Jess, she is so beautiful.

Im really impressed and amazed with how well she has settled so suddenly.

The first night, when we took her home in the car, it was almost like she knew where she was going.
There was no crying, yelping or shaking.
When we got into the flat and let her out she ran out of the crate, she was just so excited, her tail was wagging like crazy and she was giving me and Marcus, my partner, millions of licks.
She played for about an hour and a half, running around the room like a little loony! lol

She wasnt even scared it was just lovely.

When it got 2 about half past 10, after she had had her tea, a pedigree puppy pouch and kibble, we took her up to the bedroom, she was a little overwhelmed by going to so many new places in one night but she didnt make a peep, yet once we let her have a small doze on our bed and she relaxed down we put her in her own bed.
She was a bit scared when I turned off the light so I lit a tealight then she fell asleep very well.
I, however, hung off the side of the bed all night, one hand near Jess so that she could be comforted knowing I was very close and she wasnt alone.
I dont know if it was the fact her blanket with her mums scent was there or me being close, or both, but she slept so well.
Even when Yobs walked past the house rowdily at around 2am she just blinked and went back 2 sleep.

The thing that amazed me most is that, despite having a big drink b4 bed she didnt soil her basket, she waited untill morning time then I put her on the papers and she had a wee, I cant believe she was so good.

Jess has settled so beautifully I am so very proud of her.
It seems she has just taken to living with us like a duck to water.

She is adapting to her new Barf diet so well, she has her favorites already, Tuna mince steak, and Raw Chicken.
I also feed her Kibble and complete dog food.
I have also been feeding her a meal of wet food, like pedigree, but since that first night, she just dosent want it.
I tink it is because I have been giving her some raw meals too, she has liked them the best, and she knows if she holds out I worry and just give into her and feed her barf food.

She has me round her little finger already! lol

Jess spends most of the time asleep, she dosent like it when im not by her side though.
I have to wait untill she falls aseep so that I can have a cup of tea or even go to the toilet.
Even then she has to be deeply asleep, She seems to instinctivly know when im moving even if I am being very quiet and cautious.
Most of the time I try to leave the room several times but fail.
If she catches me walking away from here she sits up and trys to follow me, but when I let her follow me she will come all the way into the kitchen sometimes, then gets scared and runs back to the living room and cries.
I have tried keeping talking to her and having the serving hatch into the front room open so she can see me, but she dosent like it I have to be by her side...

Jess is very clever too, im quite amazed at how bright she is.

Already she has nearly mastered her potty training, she needs little encouragement to use her puppy training pads, she does this herself.
Of course she has the odd accident but they are very infrequent.

I am trying to teach her to 'sit' and 'come' now, she is doing really well!

I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 02:02 PM
thats great to hear she has settled in so quickly
they seem to take in new things so well at that age ,Kira made herself at home in no time too
best get taking lots of pics as they grow so fast and we all love to see cute puppy pics
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Dont worry im taking lots and lots of pics, although only about 10 in 100 turn out as I dont have an image stabiliser on my camera and she moves so much.

The best ones of her are when she is asleep. lol

I will post some up soon.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Awwww welcome to your new home Jess, sounds like you have found your perfect match Kye, glad she has settled in so well and look forward to seeing the pics

Jules
xxx
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Aww she sounds gorgeous! Have we got piccys yet?

Welcome home Jess
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Aww Jess sounds divine. Quick can't wait where's the picies.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Glad Jess has settled in well Kye, she sounds like she has found herself a wonderful caring loving home Can't wait to see some pics of her
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Thats great news Kye, glad shes settled in so well.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear Jess has settled in so well and look forward to pictures soon
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Bless her I can't wait to see pictures x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >