Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2011, 10:55 AM

Mildew On My Roses

As it says in the title i have got powder mildew on my new roses . Its just that i dont want to go and get chemicals from the garden centre to deal with it, i would like to deal with it organically. I have read that you can use baking soda with a small bit of washing powder and boiled water, its just that the washing powder is still chemicals and dont want to use it. So if there are any seasoned gardeners out there who wish to help and can tell me of an alternative that would be great. I have been watering regularly, and it has been muggy for the last couple of days so this i guess the reason.Oh yeah i have also top mulched.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I know that watering too late in the day can cause mould as i got it on my viola's from watering too late in the day prior to it getting dark,Have you tried a milk solution....its works reasonably well for mould,its so many parts milk to water and then sprayed on,That might help ?