Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
lol Tassle he is so good at teaching recall he has to give his dogs electric shocks to get them to comply - do you really care what he says about your dogs recall....I wouldnt.
God no! I have a dog who Loves being outside and enjoys it, (a few actually) nor do they cringe away from me.

Zeffs recall is actually pretty good....simply because I set him up to succeed....I call him back when I know he is going to come! I love setting my guys up to get it right
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
so now according to Adam Christmas is cruel to kids pmsl
Yet...when you ask them - Christmas eve is better than boxing day - as they love the excitement....funny that!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Yet...when you ask them - Christmas eve is better than boxing day - as they love the excitement....funny that!
Positive anticipation.
As opposed to negative anticipation.

I can't see how you can really compare going to bed & waiting for Father Christmas..... with that awful feeling you had when waiting outside the headmaster's office.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Positive anticipation.
As opposed to negative anticipation.

I can't see how you can really compare going to bed & waiting for Father Christmas..... with that awful feeling you had when waiting outside the headmaster's office.
Maybe Adam enjoyed waiting outside the Headmasters office and was never allowed Christmas?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Seeing as this has turned in the " Adam Show " again, same things happening, recurring themes, same dialogue, it's like a bad 50's rerun, never ending blah,blah,blah.

Shall we just turn the TV off, and ignore him It might mean he goes away
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
A quick result has positive benifits for the dog, the only point of taking longer is to make more money for the trainer (omg I need to convert now!), even then a lot of times the longer road is less effective.
As many people on here prove.

Adam
Are you for real? I mean, really? I haven't really responded to you, but I really am getting fed up with you now, I'm afraid.

I have a ten year old rescue dog who had an electric shock collar used on her because she was considered (by her previous moronic owners) to be out of control.

She was 5 and a half when we got her and wild - but not wild in a bad way, wild in an untrained, misunderstood, let down by people way.

Trying to put a normal, flat collar on her caused her to cower through fear. She constantly licked her lips and swallowed. Before we even got the collar on, she would go and hide in the corner and shake. All because she'd had a damned electric shock collar used on her!

It upset me a lot and still does to this day. I know where I would put the collar now if I ever met the evil scum who had her before me!

I would rather use time, patience, care and understanding to train a dog rather than resort to punitive, cruel methods such a prong collar, choke chain and electric shock collar. They have no place and should be banned and only moronic, cowardly folk use them, IMO. And actually, I would go as far as to say they get some sort of kick out of treating dogs in such a way.

My dog is now a calm and happy dog. She now loves life, loves to play, does agility, obedience and heelwork to music for fun. She has qualified for the Scruffts final in London 3 times and won her class last year. She is a P.A.T and will be representing the wonderful work that P.A.T dogs do at Crufts this year. I am very proud of how far she has come in the 4.5 years we have had her and I've achieved all this through kindness, time and understanding and I am proud of that fact. We also now use a clicker with great success.

I've read your posts, so don't even start to try and change my mind and explain yourself, because it won't work. You are nothing but a cruel coward who causes suffering to the animals you claim to 'train', regardless of how you might perceive it.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
don't forget the mental anguish you are causing your dog every time you prepare a meal, take the lead off the hook to go for a walk, get a ball out of the drawer to go play in the garden.

It's a wonder our dogs survive

Adam is so convinced by this argument that he says he uses lots of reward during training. Mmmm!
I'm not saying reward is bad or that aversive is bad just that it occurs during any form of training.

Adam
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
My dog is now a calm and happy dog. She now loves life, loves to play, does agility, obedience and heelwork to music for fun. She has qualified for the Scruffts final in London 3 times and won her class last year. She is a P.A.T and will be representing the wonderful work that P.A.T dogs do at Crufts this year. I am very proud of how far she has come in the 4.5 years we have had her and I've achieved all this through kindness, time and understanding and I am proud of that fact. We also now use a clicker with great success.
I knew all this, Westie_N and have followed your lovely girl's adventures, and your enormous |& justified sense of pride and love for her.... but until now I didn't know she had once worn an e-collar.

I am ten times more in awe now.... bless you both.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Oh no not another 'Adam's pet thread'.

I am still having nightmares about the last one.

A philosophical question......

When does discomfort become pain?

Put simply, I would say when it changes your behaviour.
Discomfort changes behaviour all the time, anytime you adjust your position in your chair, any time you blink or shield your eyes in strong sunlight, anytime you change the temperature of your environment you are changing your behaviour to deal with discomfort.

Adam
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
I knew all this, Westie_N and have followed your lovely girl's adventures, and your enormous |& justified sense of pride and love for her.... but until now I didn't know she had once worn an e-collar.

I am ten times more in awe now.... bless you both.
Oh yes, she was indeed subjected to an e-collar. You should've seen the state of her to start with! Both physically and mentally - she was happy at times (relief more than anything I think), but on edge most of the time. I knew she had sparkle though, I just had to work with her to bring that side out in her and thankfully, we did.

I must dig out some pics! I've no idea which hard drive they are on!
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 71 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 64 > Last »