Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by black666 View Post
I am not a nieve person this is a documentary type show and he guy does appear a bit on the weird side and did appear to be genuine in his response to the vet. This was coming from a guy that works in a aligator infested swamp, walks around with no shoes on and carries a pump action shot gun in his boat. Only thought it was an interesting topic to bring up.
Was this one of the Animal Planet US based programmes?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I am not a nieve person this is a documentary type show and he guy does appear a bit on the weird side and did appear to be genuine in his response to the vet. This was coming from a guy that works in a aligator infested swamp, walks around with no shoes on and carries a pump action shot gun in his boat. Only thought it was an interesting topic to bring up.
that made me laugh

Well some people scatter kibble over the grass and let their dogs find their dinner for fun.

Having had a dog maliciously poisoned in the past this is NOT something I would encourage.

As for killing a rabbit and eating it, well I wouldn't really worry, just worm them more often?

Killing and eating (thats the dog doing the killing lol) as a sole way of feeding the dog, well I doubt it's even possible for most people unless their dog is very malnourished? (to be out long enough, come across prey, the dog catch it..) And for those whom it is possible, I would still want to ensure variety....

not sure I will ever follow the lifestyle of a guy that works in an aligator infested swamp, walks around with no shoes on and carries a pump action shot gun in his boat though.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

not sure I will ever follow the lifestyle of a guy that works in an aligator infested swamp, walks around with no shoes on and carries a pump action shot gun in his boat though.
Never say never
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:29 PM
One of my dogs is very good at finding his own food. Unfortunately it is cakes he finds which are not a good staple diet for any creature!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2011, 10:05 PM
i treat scatter in the garden

id love to work in an alligator swamp

id wear boots though
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Was this one of the Animal Planet US based programmes?
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
that made me laugh

Well some people scatter kibble over the grass and let their dogs find their dinner for fun.

Having had a dog maliciously poisoned in the past this is NOT something I would encourage.

As for killing a rabbit and eating it, well I wouldn't really worry, just worm them more often?

Killing and eating (thats the dog doing the killing lol) as a sole way of feeding the dog, well I doubt it's even possible for most people unless their dog is very malnourished? (to be out long enough, come across prey, the dog catch it..) And for those whom it is possible, I would still want to ensure variety....

Not sure what channel its on its called Axe men? I think it basically follows the lifes of loggers in America, pile of crap if you ask me but my partner loves it. ( Plus what a load of maney you can make in cutting down trees and pulling old wood from swamps lol)

Don't think i would ever follow his lifestyle either to be honest, she seems abit of a mad man!! But in a strange sense kind of genuine lol
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i treat scatter in the garden

id love to work in an alligator swamp

id wear boots though
Your keen lol he also picked up some baby aligators and then proceeded to say that this really pees the mother aligators off whilst standing waist hieght in a murky swamp with no shoes on! WHY would you do that?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Your keen lol he also picked up some baby aligators and then proceeded to say that this really pees the mother aligators off whilst standing waist hieght in a murky swamp with no shoes on! WHY would you do that?
err too much testosterone?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I always discourage my dogs from eating things they find when out and about, in fact, they get a good shouting at if I spot them (and that includes eating poo of any kind). However, if they catch and kill something then I applaud their skill and teamwork but I dont let them eat it there and then, too many parasites to consider. Instead, it gets taken home, gutted and frozen for several weeks.

The only meal they do find of their own accord are field voles which they dig up and eat there and then.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
err too much testosterone?
Lol must be if not he is just mad
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >