Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kai13/1
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2011, 04:12 AM

Blind Staffie (Pedigree) Urgent Home Needed

Kai is nearly blind 4 year old staff (pedigree)as he is not suitable for a catarax operation, we have young children which he is fine with but e are now(suprise to us) having another baby and the dog will have great problems dealing with a new baby rolling on the floor. He is a lovely dog but needs to go to a home with at least children that can move out of his way(as he cant see where he is going) We have looked into re-homing centres and they want to put him down, this is not what we want, so need a loving family to take him soon.

Please call 01474814209
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I have a friend who should be able to help you. She's going to call you.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Julie,

It was good to talk to you. I know you spoke with Susie also and betwen her and Katrina they shoul dbe able to sort your boy out for you wrt rehoming. All the relevant home checks, etc will be done so they will certainly be able to help (not least because Katrina is a staffy fanatic).

Also, they will almost certainly be able to get the drops into his eyes in order for him to have his cataract surgery and he could be neutered at the same time.

Congratulations in advance for your new baby. You can rest assured that Kai will be well cared for and he'll have the best home possible for him personally. You can put your mind at rest and concentrate on your family.

Take care,

Laura xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 10:22 AM
..... welldone sw!! x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Very well done everyone concerned.

Excellent result.

rune
kai13/1
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2011, 11:53 AM
The people are full and will put an advert up, but they can't help at the moment, so we are still looking, but thank you for the refferal
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 02:07 PM
sounded like he was sorted. Good luck x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 10:12 PM
He wasn't rehomed but he is now advertised with 3 local dog rescues in Birmingham. It was made clear to the OP that he would have to stay put until a home is found for him and she confirmed to myself and to someone else that this was OK.

Certainly if he is blind then kennels is no place for him. He's better where he is for now; not least because there isn't any kennel space available atm.

Fortunately they do rehome a lot of SBTs so he shouldn't be up for grabs for too long.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
He wasn't rehomed but he is now advertised with 3 local dog rescues in Birmingham. It was made clear to the OP that he would have to stay put until a home is found for him and she confirmed to myself and to someone else that this was OK.

Certainly if he is blind then kennels is no place for him. He's better where he is for now; not least because there isn't any kennel space available atm.

Fortunately they do rehome a lot of SBTs so he shouldn't be up for grabs for too long.
Agreed kennels for a blind dog would just be incredibly stressful and frightening. All of those dogs barking, strange smells and people coming and going and not being able to see them.

I really hope the little guy finds a nice new home soon, can we have some pictures on here of him? I would love to see a picture of him. I have a soft spot for dogs with disabilities although i'm not in a situation to take on another at the moment Don't tempt me though!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to use something to keep the dog on one side of the room?

I use dining chairs and the dining table to cordon off a quarter of the lounge so that the cat can go there (if she wants a break) but Rocky can't follow her

It's quite a big room which makes it possible.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >