Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Has anyone noticed their dogs being hyper just now

Just wondered, my 2 are being very naughty when out just now, I know they're young and stupid at the minute and going through a phase, but they seem driven by scent just now...I have'nt had any real probs I mean running away ect but just a bit on the skittish side when out.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Funny enough - mentioned to OH that Charlie was being a particular pain at the moment - more than usual even!!! He is always a bit of a loony and always has to be that bit further ahead but this last week he has been a right plonker out - he is the one I am waiting for after blown the whistle and pops out at all angles at me!!!

Setters are rather prone to following a scent so yes think scents are at a all time high right now!!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Yep same here. Jack suddenly caught the scent of rabbit in the last 2 weeks. Maybe its all the babies that have been born recently. Same as you, no real problems but nose working all the time and disappears into the undergrowth every chance he gets. Cleared a 4 ft fence after only scent at the weekend, then jumped it again to come back. Daft Dog
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
YES! Loki is pretty hyper much of the time but he's much worse at the moment.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Fudge too, seems to be on a squirrel hunt when we go out. She goes straight into the bushes to look for them. Normally she just gives chase if she sees one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Ollie is more nose to the ground at the monet not running ahead or jumping fences but lagging behind sniffing longer than usual.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Funny you should say, Star is acting more of a loon as normal and Skye was a propper little ratbag this morning.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
yup the pups are a bit up on the muscle, its due to it being hummpin time for the wild animals, they pick up far more scents now, that and the babys will be hear soon, sure they will settle soon,
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
no difference here, as my 3 girls (white GSD, Akita X, Terv) are occupational scenters all year round, even thru thick danish snow! they are worst on a windy day, although we can override them thru training.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
yeah Cariad is like she on a permanent high at the moment, rushing around like a loony Lona, since she had her season, is a lot more settled and tends to be a bit more sedate at long last, although they both rush off after things sometimes and just disappear.