View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
If you were a bad owner you wouldn't be feeling this bad about what happened, keep your chin up, my thoughts are with you, I'm sure the other little dog will be found soon.

BIGS HUGGS FROM ME AND JACK
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Hevvur what you have been through is horrible,but i think that the effort you are making to help this woman and her little dog is fantastic.Lots of people would have seen that their dog was ok and forgot the whole episode (i have seen it happen) But you have been magnificent about it.As has been said Teegan acted out of character and there was absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent it.I have my fingers and toes crossed that this little dog comes home safe and well.Also congratulations on the business,even though you probably don't feel like celebrating at the moment.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh hevvur, so sorry tohear this, you have done your utmost for this lady considering what has happened,

Dont beat yourself up,

Alex
xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Big hugs. xxxxxx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh Hevvur I just caught this thread I am so sorry to hear what has happened Unfortunately it is just one of those things that can happen with dogs sometimes you are definately not a bad owner! You have proved this by all the efforts you are going to, helping the owner of the other dog and getting Teagan checked over to make sure she is ok! A bad owner would walk away with their own dog and not think twice about what had happened.
I kind of know how you are feeling, not as traumatic but the other month I was out with Max, he ran over to a CKCS and the dog (called Molly strangley enough) ran from him which was the worst thing she could have done. He chased her across the field, down the river, under a bush and he was jumping on her back the whole way. He was only trying to play with her but of course she didn't know that and neither did her owners and it was so so naughty! Despite the fact he was miles bigger than her so he could have hurt her. I was screaming the whole time for him to come back, Mollys owners were distraught and we were panicking because they were running towards a main road. Luckily Max gave up and they both came running back.
It must have been even more terrifying for you and as it is so out of character for Teagan you are definately doing the right thing getting her checked over.
I know you are doing all you can to help the owner and her little dog and I really hope everything pans out ok in the end.
Hugs to you and Teagan and Max sends his biggest licks! xxxx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm so sorry about what has happened. You've been so very responsible and caring about the whole thing. The world needs more dog owners like you. I hope the vet trip goes well for Teagan and some answers care found. I hope Molly is found soon. I noticed her DogLost post says she went missing April third, rather than May third, don't know if it really matters, but perhaps that should be fixed.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Same from us, lots of hugs, you are a lovely caring person and are doing your best and even more, thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome xxxx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Has Teagan ever showed any signs of negativity to smaller dogs ? you used to have a yorkie live with you too didnt you.....Kinsgley ? how was she around him then ?
Teagan doesn't get on with Kingsley inside the house, but she's fine with him on walks.
He's the only other dog she's ever gone for - but it was over objects.
She plays fine with dogs outside, even with toys/sticks etc.

She doesn't even normally growl at other dogs - and she's been attacked/tormented....she normally cowers and runs away.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.
I'm still feeling bad, but coming to realise I'm doing all I can.
I will keep you all updated on any news of Molly.

Kev and I both think Teagan is acting odd tonight, but we're not sure if it's because she's ill, or because she knows we're both upset (although trying to act normal!)
She was unusually good on our walk to the shop earlier (normally she pulls like a train, but she walked next to me).
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hevvur, just to let you know I am thinking of you too.
Such an awfull thing to happen, I would be so upset too.
{{{{{}}}}} to you and Teagan
im thinking o you also xx
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh you poor thing what an awful thing to be going through. My heart goes out to you, the owner and the little dog, which will hopefully be found safe and well. It must be such a shock for you, fingers crossed it was a one off, or that you'll be able to work through the issues with her. Hugs to both of you.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >