Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Pased Homecheck yay!

So...Brian is now Reggie, (the orange dog) and he comes home on Wednesday.
The rescue have given me a big box of Pedigree dry food and have asked that I keep him on it for one month before attempting to change it!
He has had his first vaccination and we have to take him for the next one, they've said we shouldn't take him out til this is done? Is this right? he's at least five and has probably been running around unvaccinated for god knows how long.
Went to see him again on Saturday with OH and kids who fell for him...once they'd stopped laughing at the 'old ginger rat' that is. His age has been placed at five, but he looks much older
Maggie & Reg got on famously this time, after their walk OH went to get the water bowl from the car and Reg hopped in the back
They shared the water bowl...I think they'll be good pals!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
So...Brian is now Reggie, (the orange dog) and he comes home on Wednesday.
The rescue have given me a big box of Pedigree dry food and have asked that I keep him on it for one month before attempting to change it!
He has had his first vaccination and we have to take him for the next one, they've said we shouldn't take him out til this is done? Is this right? he's at least five and has probably been running around unvaccinated for god knows how long.
Went to see him again on Saturday with OH and kids who fell for him...once they'd stopped laughing at the 'old ginger rat' that is. His age has been placed at five, but he looks much older
Maggie & Reg got on famously this time, after their walk OH went to get the water bowl from the car and Reg hopped in the back
They shared the water bowl...I think they'll be good pals!
Congratulations. Bet you cant wait until Wednesday!

With regards to his vaccinations, IMO I don’t think it will matter if he is walked before the second injection, he's not a really younger dog and neither is he old, so not as susceptible as a young or old dog would be.
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Don't change his food immediately will you ? It should be done gradually over a week.
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by samson13 View Post
Don't change his food immediately will you ? It should be done gradually over a week.
Thanks, I will do it gradually.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I`m afraid any dog I get goes straight on to quality food. One dog arrived with a box of Bakers! No way was I feeding that. And Pedigree is not good either.
Rescues as a rule can`t afford to feed the best.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Oh, that's great! You must be sooooo impatient for Wednesday arriving! Can't wait to see pic of him settling in

When I got Jake, the rescue didn't tell us what he was fed on so he was changed over straight away.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Congratulations!
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Flipping heck, why do I always misspell thread titles!
Thanks for the well wishes.
I'm very excited.
It's going to be double the fun and I really believe Maggie will be happier.
Out walking I got the impression she was already happy to let him take the lead, she's such a wimpy little thing.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Well as he has already been out walking with you and Maggie I would not be too worried about walking before the 2nd injection.

Unless he had a really sensitive tummy it won't do any harm to change over straight away. Maybe just give him the food they give you for the first day or two so you know its not the food if he has a runny bum.

Good luck
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
If you havnt already, read the threads re pedigree on here. I agree with C&D I would not want to put that in my dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >