Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by IJF View Post
This is my bitch:

Her tail set is wrong - it should be fairly level, not curled over.

Lots of photos on this site (foto's and fotgalerie section):

http://www.munanisrottweilers.nl/
Gorgeous! :smt049
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry but they do look very different with a tail, really not my cup of tea but I suppose I'll get used to it, well going to have to. There was a Springer at a show a fewmonths ago and that really didn't suit the tail it had although to be truthful I'm not sure that it was the best of examples even if it hadn't of had a tail
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by perrodeagua View Post
I'm sorry but they do look very different with a tail, really not my cup of tea but I suppose I'll get used to it, well going to have to. There was a Springer at a show a fewmonths ago and that really didn't suit the tail it had although to be truthful I'm not sure that it was the best of examples even if it hadn't of had a tail
The really bizarre thing is that a lot of people don't notice my Boxer's tails on first meeting them.

It's often a second thought when they so "Oh, they've got tails!"

I've only seen a few Boxers with tails (that were not born after April 07) so it's not like they're still not quite rare.

I saw one Rottie with a tail when we were on holiday, and no-one seemed to comment on that either (we were with a large crowd of dog owners)
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
This is my bitch:

Some very very very nice dogs on there, I had a tear in my eye at the beauty of the pups and their progress, absolutely beautiful! I must be getting a soft touch!
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Working terrier shows are very big in the UK and I'm certaion the JRTC of GB hold shows as well. I know one of my registered Parson pups (undocked of course) went to such a show and won everything (smug smiley needed here lol!)
Becky

We are with the JRTC of G.B.They do classes for terrier and even lurchers.My jacks are with the i..k.c.as i know in the uk they are not reconaized as a breed but they should be
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2007, 06:00 PM
This is my bitch:

Now her profile would look a lot better if it was'nt for her rear appendage, edit it out and repost the pic.
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Now her profile would look a lot better if it was'nt for her rear appendage, edit it out and repost the pic.
even with a tail i think she is lovely
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. I am curious to see the different tail sets and how different lineages throw which tails etc.

I've seen some gorgeous fully-tailed Rotts on German websites.

I had this conversation recently regarding tails - the other person had a valid point saying that breeders will be stabbing in the dark for a while trying to get correct tail carriage. In a traditionally (or should I say previously) docked dogs we have no idea of what the adult tail would look like or be carried.

How many Champs would have had a faulty tail-carriage that we never knew about because they were docked? Will other faults be accidentally bred into the lines trying to breed for good tails?

It'll certainly be interesting!:smt002
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
All this talk of now being able to see tail sets is confusing me. Surely the tail set has always been visable - docked or not! It's the tail carriage that will differ. Any lines with bad tail sets on undocked dogs will have had docked dogs with bad tail sets in their lines (and maybe in the ring) already.

Debs
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2007, 02:54 PM
my friend has a rottie and he is massive and he has a tail hes lovely they will look weird to some ppl coz normally they docked....also my fiences rottie has a its tail
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »