View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
My male jrt tail has been docked and when iam showing him its quite easy to hold him to a stand

But my bitch was born on 9th dec and her tail isnt docked because of the ban but she is very good at the stand,her tail sorta curls i got in touch with the g.b.j.r.t.c. and they said that its fine that she hasnt been docked.

I do know that if you work your jrt then they can be docked as they go down fox holes etc but some breeders say that they are working the dogs when older and they dont they sell them....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
There have been a few undocked Springer pups coming through at open shows lately, but not docking has become a bit more fashionable over the last couple of years anyway so it doesn't seem all that strange to me really.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Either I misunderstood what was said at the time, or don't remember it clearly, it was about 7 years ago! I am not up to speed on docked breeds
It probably kept finding itself at the end of the line, because the judges probably didnt know what it was

LHW arent a traditionally docked breed, but I can imagine they will have caused a few raised eyebrows initially
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by amandas-jacks View Post
My male jrt tail has been docked and when iam showing him its quite easy to hold him to a stand
It tends not to be an issue at companion shows anyway, I`m assuming those are the shows you mean as your dogs are not eligible for the Breed ring, your two being Jacks and not Parsons. You keep referring to yours as pedigree`s and refer to their show ring wins so it can be a bit confusing for people when what you write infers that they are `proper` pedigree`s with `show ring wins` when they are not allowed in the Breed ring.

Companion shows obviously are a different thing and I`m rather envious that you have been able to get them to so many shows in such a short space of time, I think you mentioned 37 + wins and Tyson is only two years old now ?

But my bitch was born on 9th dec and her tail isnt docked because of the ban
The ban only came in this April [ in England ] - great that she has her rightful tail of course though.

but she is very good at the stand,her tail sorta curls i got in touch with the g.b.j.r.t.c. and they said that its fine that she hasnt been docked.
Thats good of them lol, considering she is`nt eligible for the Breed ring anyway and its certainly not up to any individual canine organisation to say whether its `ok` or not for a dog to keep the tail they were born with :smt102

I do know that if you work your jrt then they can be docked as they go down fox holes etc but some breeders say that they are working the dogs when older and they dont they sell them....
There are some unscrupulous breeders who will do that, yes, but if they get caught out the penalties will hit them where it hurts. A woman was recently jailed for illegally docking. Pretending a dog will work when it won`t is just as likely to get such persons prosecuted, if not even more heavily for falsifying paperwork about it as well.
As I understand it, jacks tend to be used more for hunting type purposes than pedigree PRTs anyway as the taller Parsons are apparently often too tall for going down rabbit holes, at least thats what the originator of the breed felt as his [ jacks ] were never involved in the KC, the taller versions [ the only ones allowed in the breed ring ] were named after him a long time after his death which is ironic [ or perhaps a deliberate thing ? ] when his shorter versions, the `originals` as it were, are the ones the KC don`t recognise.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmmmm, no, I'm saying now`t.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Jack Russell Terriers and Parson Russell Terriers are both recognised by the Irish Kennel Club and FCI so they compete in the Terrier group like all other recognised breeds, at Open, Championship and International shows. Ireland doesn't have the docking ban, either, so it isn't an issue. I have never seen an undocked one yet......
Perhaps A-J has shown over here.
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
message for patch

my two jack russells do some campion shows but yes they do proper shows as well i can prove this as they have classes like

BEST SMOOTH MALE 12INCHES ONWARDS
BEST WIRE COAT MALE 12INCHES ONWARDS
ETC THEY have at least 21 classes in one day

plus its great this is a jack russell club and thats its a proper show
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Jack Russell Terriers and Parson Russell Terriers are both recognised by the Irish Kennel Club and FCI so they compete in the Terrier group like all other recognised breeds, at Open, Championship and International shows. Ireland doesn't have the docking ban, either, so it isn't an issue. I have never seen an undocked one yet......
This is what i have been trying o tell everyone my two jacks are resired with the irish kennel club
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by amandas-jacks View Post
This is what i have been trying o tell everyone my two jacks are resired with the irish kennel club
Sorry but uhm...nowhere have I seen this mentioned?
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't understand are you saying that you go to Ireland then to show them?
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »