View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2007, 01:27 PM

Undocked, puppies, (traditionally docked breeds)

Has anyone seen them yet in the show ring.

By my reckoning they should be starting to come through into minor puppy/puppy classes about now.

I am going to Midlands counties later on in the month, so will see some there, it will be interesting to see what difference it will make, and how the handlers will deal with a tail.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Puppies will only just be valid for entry into shows so I think probably next month will be the time when everyone starts cautiously bringing them out!
Can't wait!
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Puppies will only just be valid for entry into shows so I think probably next month will be the time when everyone starts cautiously bringing them out!
Can't wait!
Becky
Yes , you are right, towards the end of the month to the beginning of next.... but they maybe will start to trickel through a little earlyer, I know a couple of breeders who had a littler just before the ban, and did not dock.

But it will be interesting to see .
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
had a couple of undocked bouviers and snauzers under me when i judged at a match night last week, looked ok to be honest but one of our uindocked welshies looks awful carries its tail over its back
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd like to see what other Boxer tails look like!

Max and Murphy's (and their sister's) are very similar (including the way they hold them when doing different things) but since they are the same parentage, I'd expect it.

Murphy when still:

Max when still

Both when walking:
denbully
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
we have a undocked doberman puppy at ringcraft and they hold thie tail quiet high and it curls over his back but hes only about 4 months old will be intresting to see him as he grows
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I guess the "problem" is that no-one knows what the tails will be like, as the parents are docked

Is there a breed standard for tails in traditionally docked breeds?
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm dreading it, I hate my breed with tails, as there's such a variation. Luckily, I have two dogs that are natural bobtails and as long as everything else is OK, if I keep a pup in the future from a litter I breed it will have to be a bobtail or shortened natural tail!

I know in Europe with my breed that many people stick the tail between the back legs when standing them.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by perrodeagua View Post
I'm dreading it, I hate my breed with tails, as there's such a variation. Luckily, I have two dogs that are natural bobtails and as long as everything else is OK, if I keep a pup in the future from a litter I breed it will have to be a bobtail or shortened natural tail!

I know in Europe with my breed that many people stick the tail between the back legs when standing them.
I know what you mean I hate Welshies with tails specially at a young age they seem to grow the tails first and look out of propotion, My friend had bob tail Brittanies so were considering getting one to show,
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
It will also be interesting to see how judges view them over here, as Irish whelped dogs will still be docked and shown alongside the new un-docked coming over the water. There may be a tendency for some judges to swing one way or the other over the tail issue, some would probably sit on the fence until some guidelines/revised standards were available and ignore the tail so they are comparing like with like, luckily in Group 6/10 breeds that appear here it's not an issue as none are traditionally docked so I won't have that dilemma.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »