View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Look at the gundog agility league, amazing how many docked dogs manage to have sufficient balance to negotiate all those obstacles!
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I have always had rescues but, I would take a docked GWP over a non docked one.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Look at the gundog agility league, amazing how many docked dogs manage to have sufficient balance to negotiate all those obstacles!

if one of these dogs did have an accident like my boy did they would defo be compromised.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
If ifs and ands were pots and pans beggars would ride on horses.............
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
If ifs and ands were pots and pans beggars would ride on horses.............
lol.

still.... working dogs are docked for something that may or may not happen.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Nope... I still don't think that mutilating an entire litter of puppies is a worthwhile or good way to ensure none if them 'might' need their tail amputated as adults. That's a ridiculous argument...

You can't hack off a limb because some people hurt them... That would be like saying all babies should have surgeries to remove their appendixes and tonsils because some will grow up to have appendicitis or tonsillitis.

If a dog can't do the job it was bred for because it's tail gets in the way, then maybe it's not the right dog for the job. Don't just hack off bits till it will do! That's a very Victorian way of looking at the world... Dog must do it's job and if it can't we'll just keep cutting bits off until it can! Bloomin ridiculous argument!

Bloody well said!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You read it---carefully!

rune

I have done thank you. Your point is?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I have done thank you. Your point is?
Never mind---as proved by another thread you started---you can't argue with ignorance.

rune
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Nope... I still don't think that mutilating an entire litter of puppies is a worthwhile or good way to ensure none if them 'might' need their tail amputated as adults. That's a ridiculous argument...

You can't hack off a limb because some people hurt them... That would be like saying all babies should have surgeries to remove their appendixes and tonsils because some will grow up to have appendicitis or tonsillitis.

If a dog can't do the job it was bred for because it's tail gets in the way, then maybe it's not the right dog for the job. Don't just hack off bits till it will do! That's a very Victorian way of looking at the world... Dog must do it's job and if it can't we'll just keep cutting bits off until it can! Bloomin ridiculous argument!
Agree totally Magpie - Flatcoated Retrievers are never docked. They can, and do, work the same sort of country as springers and their tails are just as active - granted they are a bit taller, but thats all. There is not much to make docking a dog valid, imo.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I know, tis quite astounding! What about the Spaniels, the HPR's etc.. that can actually swim unaided and manage to go the way they intent to aswell!!
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »