Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Anyone can enter fun shows, they are not run under KC rules, any age/type/experience dog can enter. So you are more likely to get a champion competing at a fun show than at a companion show
Especially if you dont do any paperwork
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Oh what rubbish---I can't be bothered to look back over my posts but I am no more biased against show dogs than any others.

Their breeders maybe---and those from ANY dog activity who dump dogs that don't make the grade. As well as those who support such practises.

In fact if you stopped reading only the parts of my posts that suit you you would have read that from me!

I don't ever get involved in KC registered companion shows so I have no idea what now goes on in them. There did used to be a rule that if you had CC you couldn't enter a dog but I have no idea if that is still the case.

As for not wanting dogs to enter because it affects the 'takings'-----I want people to have a fun day out and enjoy their dogs and in doing so raise some money for charity. Anyone up for that fun is welcome as far as I am concerned. That is what these little fun shows are about.

rune
Really, you would never have guessed, by your and others reaction!!

Logic tells you if you dont want the second rate show dogs entering your fun shows, your funds will decrease, less dogs, less money!!

Originally Posted by rune
LOL----Doubtful since I probably enter about one show every couple of years!

Yet you seem to have such knowledge on the corruption involved in dog showing

Yes---frightening isn't it that someone on the outside can see it happening---must be so much worse if you are heavily involved in it.

rune
That will depend on what the on looker wishes to see, if one wishes to see corruption , then they will see and beleive it!!
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow this really has opened up a can of worms! Not sure what else to say this is actually getting quite funny to read
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:33 AM
LOL---its pretty funny from this angle as well!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I have just had cause to send a schedule for the next show to the charity----I use the same one and change maybe a couple of classes and the judge.

On it is says

"1.45 Fun Dog Show. Any and all breeds and crossbreeds welcome"

And that is exactly what it means---welcome!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Anyone can enter fun shows, they are not run under KC rules, any age/type/experience dog can enter. So you are more likely to get a champion competing at a fun show than at a companion show
Possibly---but why would they WANT to? When I competed at agility I wouldn't have gone to a fun village show obstacle course down the road for practice. I'd have gone to an open show or trained somewhere the dog wasn't used to being.

I am talking about purely novelty class fun shows.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Especially if you dont do any paperwork
Since they aren't under KC rules what difference would it make?

Possibly dog wardens and vet nurses would be less likely to spot a champion anyway so it doesn't matter---as long as it can wag its tail, look appealing or look pretty it has as much chance as the others.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 09:47 AM
LOL---its pretty funny from this angle as well!

rune
And this one, its an eye opener

Possibly---but why would they WANT to? When I competed at agility I wouldn't have gone to a fun village show obstacle course down the road for practice. I'd have gone to an open show or trained somewhere the dog wasn't used to being.

I am talking about purely novelty class fun shows.

rune
You just answered your own question!!

FUN, are show dogs not allowed to have "fun"!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Since they aren't under KC rules what difference would it make?

Possibly dog wardens and vet nurses would be less likely to spot a champion anyway so it doesn't matter---as long as it can wag its tail, look appealing or look pretty it has as much chance as the others.

rune
None, but then I was not the one who said , second rate show dogs had no place at "fun shows"!

Fun village shows should be just that IMO---not places for second rate show dogs to pick up easy rosettes
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Rosettes to impress I have never heard of. I tend to donate any I win back to the show organisers even place ones at champ shows.
I only keep best of breeds and best in show and then don't display them anywhere.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »