Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by weevle21 View Post
OK so what about when i entered my dog ina fun class and she was frightened of the judge and barked at her backing off.
One of the owners that had a less than well behaved dog piped up 'that dog should be entered in the 'dog the judge would most like to shoot'
You call this fun?
it's not about jealousy and there's no need to get personal. I don't mind if i win or not i always congratulate the winner. 'FUN' dog show remember
Well no, I have to agree, that is a totally inappropriate way for someone to behave, the fact that your girl was scared is no reason for someone to make fun.

I haven't shown for a number of years but it seems that people are taking these shows far more seriously than we used to...and, if the comments are anything to go by, a far nastier type of exhibitor..I only ever had fun at these shows, win or lose
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Talking about scared dogs, there was a tiny little thing at the one that I went that I feel it was totally unfair to have her there, she was terrified of everything, twice she was awarded a rosette, and both times as the owner went forward towards the judges and people clapped the poor thing ran as far back as she could away from all the noises, thrasing around trying to escape, and all a lot of people did was laugh, the poor thing just had no confidence, that day may of been fun for the owners, but a nightmare to the poor little dog.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
My dogs love the companion shows as they can misbehave and play which they cant at a champ show. Often Ian and I will show dogs side by side to get them used to standing nect to each other in the ring, usually to much hillarity as one of thems (Lexie normally) is upside down trying to get Ross to play.
I went to a local companion show last week and went in the pedigree classes (got a 2nd and 3rd) and then won the waggiest tail I handed all the rosettes back in to be reused as well.
As someone else said I also buy all the raffle tickets and try to support the stall holders.
Just because I have a pedigree dog who I show at Championship sow level I'm not allowed to have fun with dogs its ridiculous.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Well I`m still looking for a fun dog show with the classes:
Dog the Judge Would Least Like to Take Home
and
Dog Most Likely to Embarrass the Owner
so I can enter.....
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
and
so I can enter.....
Well maybe your luck will be in as RSPCA have banned prettiest bitch and most handsome dog classes
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I dislike discrimination immensely. I don't have an issue with KC reg dogs at shows, those that have won awards such as JW, RCC or CC's are excluded anyway. However if people don't like the fact that only pedigree's get awarded BIS then ask the people who run these shows to do something different, such as overall winner of the pedigree classes, overall winner of Best Crossbreed or rescue or whatever and then they all go up against each other for BIS. There is nothing in the rules that BIS has to be awarded even. So if you want a change as the show organisers to change the format!
Simple!
Becky
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
and
so I can enter
Honey and Diesel will be joining that one , on our one with Honey the lady next to us was trying to get her dog to behave, it was a cute spaniel who wanted to do anything but, and so the lday got a treat out and was asking her dog to sit, stand etc I wasn't taking much notice, I was talking to the lady with the lab the other side, when I heard a few laughs behind me, Honey was only staring at the woman, doing everything the woman was asking her dog to expecting a treat for it, the woman though didn't notice as she was trying to get her dog to anything lol, Honey also put her head into someones bag trying to get a sausage out when they bent down to stroke her little begger.

Diesel decided at one point the judge needed a kiss, which Diesel doesn't normally ever do, and decided that when the judge bent down to judge him to give them a big sloppy kiss in the eye luckily it was laughed off.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Well one of my well behaved pedigrees decided the judge needed a kiss at a fun show and launched himself in her lap as she crouched down to him, she ended up on her bottom with a very licky dog in her lap.

So new class needed for him
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
We were in a show where Simon Cowell was the judge. When he bent down to talk to Tilly she cocked a deafen and proceded to lick her bum instead!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Well maybe your luck will be in as RSPCA have banned prettiest bitch and most handsome dog classes
Damn! Me and Daisy would have qualified for one of those
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >