Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by cesky2000 View Post
Last year it took me 40 minutes to get from Discover Dogs in Hall 3 to the exit in Hall 1 with three dogs. They got bumped into, trodden on, and when I got home I discovered that one had chewing gum tangled in her fur

I was even told I shouldn't be allowed near the trade stands with my dogs when I asked one woman to be careful with her shopping bag as she had hit my dog with it!
Crufts - a dog show? No, it's a shopping bonanza with dogs as an afterthought!
Thats the only criticism I have, the fact exhibitors have to battle the shopping halls to get to and from the entrance /exit with their dogs, , and the ridiculously stupid peopel who are their for just the shopping and get stroppy when they encounter dogs passing through.

Wouldn`t it be better to open the side doors for exhibitors (liek the LKA) enabling the dogs and owners not having to do that battle to get out at the end of the day.

Its OK in the morning as you are in before the public, but I feel sorry for the dogs and their owners having run that gauntlet at the end of an exhausting day.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
Well done! Which line/breeder is Oscar from?
Thanks hun.

He's Gonegos bred essentially. Zorro is his Father and Ava is his Sister.

Gonegos are more of a working kennel, but I thought I'd give the showing a go just for a laugh!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Nice looking dogs, and good workers too by the looks of it
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Awww, Rips you're like a small child at Christmas ;o)

I'll probably volunteer to help the Blue Cross out on gundog day so will try and pop over to say hi. Either way though, good luck everyone in advance and Mish, get planning!! ;o)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Awww, Rips you're like a small child at Christmas ;o)

I'll probably volunteer to help the Blue Cross out on gundog day so will try and pop over to say hi. Either way though, good luck everyone in advance and Mish, get planning!! ;o)

Will come seek you out
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 09:19 AM
oh im excited! i cant wait, although sayin that thats if they accept my entry form but im looking forward to it. im tryin to convince the OH to go on the thursday so i can watch the boxers.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh im excited! i cant wait, although sayin that thats if they accept my entry form but im looking forward to it. im tryin to convince the OH to go on the thursday so i can watch the boxers.
You will be in for a treat if you do, you may see some examples of European Boxers, if any come over!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You will be in for a treat if you do, you may see some examples of European Boxers, if any come over!!
i really want to go, and if the OH doesnt im tempted to get the train there. plus i can do my shopping that day too
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:13 PM
For the first time in 8 years I've got no elkhounds entered.My 2 'oldies' are both qualified for life but theywill be staying at home.
My Shiba Yoshi is entered and will be there on saturday...looking forward to it!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
My very Fave bit (i know im a saddo!) Is the walk down from the Carparks, by the lake.
Spent so many years walking that walk without a dog & it always makes me so Proud of My Boys to walk it with them!
Thats my favourite bit too and it always seems sad when you are walking back to the car park and its all over for another year.

Last year we did the walk as normal but without a dog. Non of the whippets had qualified and I had o ly entered the ex racing greyhound . She unfortunaltely decided to come into season so couldn't go. It just didn't seem right to walk down by the lake without a dog.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »